Regular Exercise Reduces Patient Anxiety by 20 Percent, Stud

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Regular Exercise Reduces Patient Anxiety by 20 Percent, Stud

Postby scorpion » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:59 pm

The benefits of exercise keep growing!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 161848.htm
scorpion
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby eric593 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Unfortunately, the reduction in anxiety levels from exercise did not include those suffering from MS.

See full article here:

http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/conten ... 4/321?home
eric593
Family Elder

Postby scorpion » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:28 am

You are right. Sorry about the misinformation. That will teach me to carefully read the FULL abstract before I start posting!!!
scorpion
Family Elder

Postby msmything » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:59 am

I LOVE exercise, but sometimes getting up to do it requires a crowbar to remove A** from couch but then when I get to the pool I'm delighted, I feel so much better when I get into a pattern..PLUS there are days where my limbs do not feel so responsive, and they are clumsy and numb, and if i get into the pool it amazes me that they follow orders there, when I get out I walk better think better, the works.
Also, the topic above re: constipation, if I swim 2-4 days in a week...great results..
msmything
Family Elder

Postby Loobie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:54 pm

I'll tell you what. It does make me feel better by 20%. When I could still run, even when I first started my downhill slide, I did it for that reason more than anything I think. Now that I'm not able to exercise as strenuously, all I can do is look forward to winter being over so I can get out and do more even at this level. The sense of well being is real as real gets for me anyway.
Loobie
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion