Is this a silly question?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Is this a silly question?

Postby Daisy3 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:42 am

I have been having a read through 0f the italian testimonies about how they feel 'liberated', but they do not mention if their symptoms have properely abated..fatigue is gone, tiredness is not there etc.
What about being able to walk without limping? What about actual tangible stuff like not needing a cane, or the optic neuritis being a lot better or even ease with going to the bathroom etc?
I am also wondering if anyone has anything new to add to the PPMS side of things-does it work for them, or is still early days and no can tell?

Apologies if I do not make any sense:-)
Daisy3
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby msmything » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:41 am

Are you refering to the Zamboni group?
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle..
msmything
Family Elder

Postby mose » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:36 pm

completely makes sense.

Personally, it would raise an alarm with me if dramatic improvements occured in obvious damage-related areas like gate, vision, etc. I am partial to the belief that stopping the damage caused by CCSVI is just step one. It is just stopping progression. Healing is another beast and it takes time, a lot of time, if it happens at all.

It all reminds me of a good friend of mine who suffered a severe TBI. He is about 90% of his prior self, he has regained a LOT, but it has taken 5 years + tons of hard work and therapy. It was far from a quick process.
mose
Family Member

Postby Bubba » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:33 pm

To answer your original question: Is this a silly question? My answer: NO, I think it is an excellent question! :D
Bubba
Family Elder

Postby Daisy3 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:40 am

Zamboni and the subsequent research being done in Stanford.
msmything wrote:Are you refering to the Zamboni group?
Daisy3
Family Elder

Postby Daisy3 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:42 am

Thanks Bubba:-)

It's a question thats on my mind as its an obvious therapy area anyone with MS is going to have to consider. That means putting in hope and money. The loss of one can be coped with, the damage to the other will be harder to take.

Bubba wrote:To answer your original question: Is this a silly question? My answer: NO, I think it is an excellent question! :D
Daisy3
Family Elder

Postby msmything » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:47 am

can they read where potential spots for stenting are from a standard head neck MRI?
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle..
msmything
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion