Standardized cannabis in Multiple Sclerosis: A case report

Medical Marijuana in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
MSUK
Family Elder

Standardized cannabis in Multiple Sclerosis: A case report

Post by MSUK »

Standardized cannabis in Multiple Sclerosis: A case report - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... ageid=1815
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: Standardized cannabis in Multiple Sclerosis: A case repo

Post by HarryZ »

squiffy2 wrote:Standardized cannabis in Multiple Sclerosis: A case report - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... ageid=1815
The use of MJ in the treatment of pain and other related MS problems has been available in Canada for a number of years now. A physician's rx is required and the MJ is purchased from certain pharmacies where the MJ is supplied from government sources.

Unfortunately in the US, just the mention of the "MJ" word drags up all kinds of political hysteria. Science is placed in the back room and everyone's morality issues take over. As more and more of these case studies are done in the US, the medical scientists are discovering that medical MJ does indeed work in certain applications.

Let's hope that in the end, science trumps politics and MJ is made available to those it can help relieve pain and suffering.

Harry
1hotmama

marijuana helps me

Post by 1hotmama »

I feel so fortunate to have medical mj. I have a neverending migrane and the pain is so severe that I wake up every day feeling like I had been out drinking all night. Marijuana helps nausea so fast, I can eat without vomiting. The prescription nausea medication puts me to sleep for 4 hours usually. I would be a zombie if it weren't for this wonderful weed. The USA MS society actually published a story on weed that said it may slow down the disease as much as the drugs the neurologist pushes on me. It may even work BETTER than anything on the market for MS. It does for me. I can't take any of the drugs for MS. I tried 4 and was allergic to 2, including tysabri.
For longer lasting pain and nausea relief, I simmer ground weed in butter and put it on crackers or toast. I don't think I would be able to take care of my family without marijuana daily. For me, it's 1000times more effective than anything else.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

It's an awesome tool for the "MS tool kit" there's no doubt about that. Also, the US hysteria, I think anyway, is more of a perception from really uptight people. Hell, my neighbors across the street who are in their early 70's, offered to let me grow in their little greenhouse they have off the back of their garage (which I plan on doing!). I haven't met anyone, in my circles anyway, that wasn't like "it's stupid that it's illegal". So I think it's like a lot of stuff in this country. Our perception of the public's attitude is somewhat formed by the bloviating buttheads that get airtime, not the majority of the population.