MS fatigue/Thyroid fatigue?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
canadianguy340
Getting to Know You...

MS fatigue/Thyroid fatigue?

Post by canadianguy340 »

Hello I don't expect a cure/dianosis over this forum here but am curious to opinions. Been dealing with "soft MS symptoms" last few years balance/vertigo foot drop at one point(that was short lived and first symptom) and so on, But last fall went to the GP knowing somethins out of wack. He found me to be Hypo Thyoid and in his practice "only seen a level that low a few times". He recently diagnosed me with MS after a third MRI I had in Feb. But been dealing with fatigue leg weekness and seems to really be hitting me lately. But did see and look around the net and Thyroid could still be giving me problems even though apparently my level is back up. I was a little Hyper last blood test from what he told me and lowered my dose about a month ago, I need to go back and get another blood test soon. Bottom line Is really don't feel alot better since been on Levo(end of Sept09). I do feel A little better but fatigue seems to be a factor lately. I mentioned to my doc what I read about T3/T4 and without T4 being converted to T3 may still have A Thyroid issue. He really didn't seem interested in looking down that alley, I did read on this forum that one person had a Thyroid issue which was her main fatigue cause not MS. How problable is this condition? and any one else deal with this or a silmilar problem? I know MS is a horrible diesease and could be alot worse but if Im dealing with somethin that has'nt been looked at of corse would like to get it sorted out. Any suggestions or experieces? Or is there any other way to help figure this out less the blood test that Im going to have to push for? I find In the morning is the worst when first get up, this was the thing that I noticed last fall was'nt till late morning would kind pick up. Moderate coffee drinker (morning) and pharmasist said that whats problbly bringing you up. I hope this makes sence don't post much, any info would be nice Thanks Doug
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

canadianguy340'
any chance you can change doctors? i had same problem, severe hypo, and was given levo--did not work. Tried several things, but ended up with Armour Thyroid extract (actually, use the generic) which has both T3 and T4--this helped, but not cured, the severe fatigue.
There is also a drug manufactured tht contains both t3 and t4.
with levo, often the t4 not converted as should be to t3 (esp if you have any liver problems).
canadianguy340
Getting to Know You...

Post by canadianguy340 »

Thanks for your Reply :D I would hate to change doc's they are hard to come by apparently, plus I find him a good doc I must admit. I did mention Armor to him and he said "can cause high levels not a consistnt drug"? I see him in a week and a bit wanna have my ducks in order to explain And ask him "I want you to look into this/test me". No liver problems to my knowledge, somethings gotta give and become In clear view. Thanks D
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

at least get him to run the T3 and T4 tests, as well as the TSH. Then you can do your research regarding the results, and go back to him with the correct questions.