how to post an excel graph

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

how to post an excel graph

Postby gibbledygook » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:52 am

Does anyone know how I could get an excel chart onto a forum? I've tried copying and pasting the chart into a jpeg file and then copying and pasting that into the forum but this doesn't work.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby rainer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Images can be hosted elsewhere like imgur or tinypic.

You could also upload the excel file to google docs and set it to public, then post the link.
rainer
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:11 pm

yep my understanding is that any images posted must have their own URL. so you can screenshot or whatever then host somewhere. HTH!
READ ME key info on nutrient targets - www.thisisms.com/ftopict-2489.html
my approach: no meds so far - just nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory whole foods, and supplements where needed
info: www.whfoods.com, www.nutritiondata.com
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby gibbledygook » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:13 am

Brilliant! In the end I had to print out and scan the image to a .bmp file but I have finally managed to get the graph onto the site. It is a bit large however! thank you for helping out.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Postby Algis » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:24 am

You could convert the .bmp to a .jpg file; it is much less space-hungry.

In MS-Paint you can 'Save As' and use the .jpg file type.

But: I strongly suggest you download and install the free irfanview software or formatfactory software that are open-source, free excellent softwares to manage format conversion/picture etc.

Any problem with those I think I can help; just ring ;)
Algis
Family Elder

Postby CureOrBust » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:13 am

I see you managed. If you are running windows, you can simply press the "Print-Screen" button, then "Paste" into MS Paint. I have found if you save the image as a PNG, its not only usually smaller, but better quality as well. PNG is also supported by browsers.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby gibbledygook » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:37 am

Great tips everyone, thanks.
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion