MS symptoms confused with pregnancy symptoms?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS symptoms confused with pregnancy symptoms?

Postby ANonnyMouse » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:46 am

Hi, I'm a newbie here and had a neurologust appt today and her preliminary dx is MS, which has really floored me! I didn't give her my full range of symptoms because I've had two babies in 2 years and assumed most of it what I was experiencing was pregnancy stuff, like extreme fatigue, constipation, reflux, worsening vision in one eye etc, but having got home from the appt and done some reading up on MS it seems all those might add even more weight to her diagnosis. The main reason I went to her was because of all the patches of numbness I've been experiencing and the electrical pains when I move my feet a certain way, and it has got a lot worse in a matter of a few weeks.

I don'y really have a question, just having a quiet little freak out at home wondering what on earth this thing is and why ME????? I have two babies under 2 to look after, a relatively new relationship to nurture.

I'd love to just have some people to chat to who maybe know what this feels like and understand what's going on inside my head right now, as I'm estranged from my family and having only my partner for support.
ANonnyMouse

Advertisement

Re: MS symptoms confused with pregnancy symptoms?

Postby Cece » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Welcome to the forum, very sorry that you are here.

I was also diagnosed a few months after my second baby was born. Somehow I made it through, we even went on to have baby number three. Yes, fatigue and constipation and those sorts of symptoms are common after having a baby, but not to the extent that I experienced it either! It did get easier.
Cece
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion