WHO USES NEROS IN CALGARY

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

WHO USES NEROS IN CALGARY

Postby Gordon » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:18 am

If so have they tested you for Lyme disease and did the clearly tell you that you did not have it.

G
Gordon
Family Elder

Postby David1949 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm from Michigan, not from Calgary. But when I was first dxed with MS I asked my neuro if it could be Lyme disease. He said something to the effect that Lyme disease is way over-diagnosed and he reafirmed in no uncertain terms that I have MS. At the time I let it ride at that. Was I naive to believe him? Does Lyme produce plaques on the brain?
David1949
Family Elder

Not sure

Postby Gordon » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Not sure but they should have checked it and confirmed it. Out of six people in one group 4 had Lyme !!
Gordon
Family Elder

Postby Johnson » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:39 pm

David1949 wrote:I'm from Michigan, not from Calgary. But when I was first dxed with MS I asked my neuro if it could be Lyme disease. He said something to the effect that Lyme disease is way over-diagnosed and he reafirmed in no uncertain terms that I have MS. At the time I let it ride at that. Was I naive to believe him? Does Lyme produce plaques on the brain?

To the contrary, I believe that Lyme is way under-diagnosed. The ELISA test is the most commonly used, and it has so many false negatives, I don't know why they even bother.

Check out canlyme.com.

edit
what canlyme wrote:Important: False negative test results have been widely reported in both early and late disease.
Lyme Disease in Canada, information and support for Lyme in Canada Canada is endemic for Lyme 1. Lyme disease is a 'clinical' diagnosis and any Canadian may be exposed to it anywhere, subsequently the 'history of exposure in an endemic area' part of the symptom and history equation is made. We know its here, and have found it in every Province but we are too vast a country with too few resources to track this with any degree of accuracy. The ticks are deposited by migratory birds so what may be non endemic one day may have the beginnings of a tick population the next. Look very seriously at symptoms.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Johnson
Family Elder

LYME for blood tests

Postby Gordon » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Here is the phone and fax number in case you don't want to email them.

IGeneX, Inc.
795 San Antonio Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94303

650.424.1196 Fax
Gordon
Family Elder

Postby Stabilo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:21 am

Hey Gordon,

I see a neuro at the MS clinic at the foothills hospital (Calgary)......I have had my doubts about my MS diagnosis last year and have found a lot of my symptoms as I'm sure most others share, are similar to the ones I found on the canlyme website. My neuro has also told me that she doesn't think it is Lyme and that I shouldn't fill my head with nonsense from the internet!!! 8O

I am not completely confident with my neuro as she never seems to recognize me from a hole in the wall. Is there testing that my gp could send me for? Or do I have to be referred by a neuro?? I am quite interested in the lyme topic.

Have you been tested??
Stabilo
Family Member

Return to General Discussion