Anyone in the UK? Lighter Later! December 3rd!

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Anyone in the UK? Lighter Later! December 3rd!

Postby L » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 am

I'm really hoping that the 'Lighter Later' campaign and Rebecca Harris' private meber's bill will change the clocks and moves the UK to continental time. MPs vote on December 3rd.

Send your MP a letter or an email - it will cut MS cases after all, an extra hour of sunlight = more vitamin D = less incidence of MS.

The problem is, even if MPs support it, to get enough members in to vote. 103 are needed but Friday is the emptiest day in the commons.
L
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby whyRwehere » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:47 am

And while they are at it, they can get rid of daylight saving time. That change just messes everyone up.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Postby Anecdote » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:47 am

I don't think it makes any difference: in midwinter I get up when it is starting to get light but it is dark at about four o'clock. If we put the clocks two hours ahead, it would be lighter until six in the evening but it would still be dark at nine in the morning. It only is like this for a few weeks.

Sarah :?
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Anecdote
Family Elder

Postby whyRwehere » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Hey Sarah,
It's the change of schedule by an hour that hurts. Its like I am jet lagged for weeks.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Postby whyRwehere » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:14 am

I would also like to add, that winter time is real time, so if you don't have summer time, there is no reason to change the clocks again in winter, and it would get dark at 4:30, for Sarah, but 5:30 for me....
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Postby Anecdote » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:29 am

That I would prefer! Its not what they are asking for, though.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Anecdote
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion