spasticity

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Re: spasticity

Post by PointsNorth »

Early AM I am OK but if I sleep in till 9am or later spasticity is bad entire day.
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

PointsNorth, interesting. Do you have hours slept info?

For me, and I'm still working on understanding this better, it seems that sleeping 4-5 hours and then waking = low spasticity BUT 7-9 hours or more = spasticity/spasms (especially when first moving in bed.)

Thanks PointsNorth, you've got me thinking. I will be watching the spasticity levels during the day VS hours slept, etc.

Thanks,
THX1138

Anyone else also have ideas, info, etc?
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

Hi THX1138:
For years my pattern was to wake up about 3 am with some spasticity and pain down the outside of my "good" leg. (That happens to be the gall bladder meridian which is used in acupuncture to treat MS - among other things.) I returned to sleep 6 to 7 am and upon waking 10 to 11 am felt very groggy and terrible. I now believe that is the blood reflux problem, the blood stagnating and backing up into the central nervous system. For me the spasticity is a sign that the nerves are malfunctioning as they work with the muscles. I now give myself the TENS acupressure treatment every morning which overcomes this depressed groggy feeling. (I describe the treatment under Acupuncture blog. I guess I should do a you tube demo. It's so easy and the equipment so cheap I think it's worth a try for everyone.) Since I know the leg pain means an "unbalanced" gall bladder meridian, I began to get up and give myself a treatment which seemed to work, I could return to sleep. (What that means in terms of Western medicine I don't know. But since I know how to treat it, I'll go with self help.) However, recently I've been able to sleep without these pains. It may be because I've been swimming everyday which gets the blood circulating. I also have been taking the herb Valerian which gets me to sleep. I wake up but take more and can get to sleep. Knock on wood. Anyway, maybe if you can get a quick upper back massage (even 30 seconds) before bed that might help. (And maybe hours slept refers to blood circulation stagnating and even backing up.)

MS Cure Enigmas.net
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Thanks vesta.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Anybody else have this waking in the middle of the night and the spasticity is way better, but in the morning, after a full sleep, the spasticity has returned?? :?: :?: