MS and Myasthenia Gravis

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS and Myasthenia Gravis

Postby EJC » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:21 pm

My RRMS suffering partner has had a noticeable degradation in eyesight this year (she started on Copaxone in Feb 2010).

She is now exhibiting many of the symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis, but that seems to be very unusual to have this along with MS.

Can the two in any way be connected?

Any thoughts on this or what may casue the sudden problems with eyesight (side effects of Copaxone etc?)
EJC
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby lyndacarol » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:51 pm

MS and MG (myasthenia gravis) are both in the autoimmune disease category. It is not uncommon for a person diagnosed with one autoimmune disease to be diagnosed with a second, or even a third.

In fact, the December 2010 issue of InFocus, the quarterly publication of the American Autoimmune Diseases Association (www.aaarda.org) has a front page item from Carol Berger, of Horsham, Pennsylvania, who says, "… I myself have been diagnosed with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, fibromyalgia and Ménière's disease. I also have asthma-related conditions.… I am one of the 50 million Americans who live with autoimmune diseases, not just one disease, but several."
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:08 pm

the klenner protocol (old but good for its day) addresses both ms and myasthenia gravis. you might want to check it out. search google for the term 'klenner4' and it will take you to a relevant article in townsend letter.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby EJC » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Thanks for the replies people.

I'll do a bit more research and see what we come up with.
EJC
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:04 pm

glad to help. don't take the crude liver thing too seriously. i mean you can if you want, but i didn't and it still did wonders for me (i did a really half-@$$ed oral version but it was still awesome).
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to General Discussion