Eczema with Capaxone, trying to decide on another

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Eczema with Capaxone, trying to decide on another

Postby shawniemc » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:45 am

Reading the info on Rebif and Betaseron, I was actually disappointed to see that these were also subcutaneous as I hated the big lumps. It also seems like there's a high likelihood of the same side effect of eczema. My doctor did not suggest Avonex, but thinking I might look into this. Any experiences, opinions?

-thanks
shawniemc

Postby sou » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:36 am

All of them are equally worthless. I would go for the less invasive.
Shortest joke: "We may not be able to cure MS but we can manage its symptoms."
sou
Family Elder

Re: Eczema with Capaxone, trying to decide on another

Postby NHE » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:57 pm

shawniemc wrote:Reading the info on Rebif and Betaseron, I was actually disappointed to see that these were also subcutaneous as I hated the big lumps. It also seems like there's a high likelihood of the same side effect of eczema. My doctor did not suggest Avonex, but thinking I might look into this. Any experiences, opinions?

I did Avonex for ten years (no longer on it). The worst site reaction that I got was a small nickel to quarter sized bruise. This would only happen rarely and was probably due to nicking a small blood vessel. The IM injections may seem intimidating at first, but there are usually no site reactions (the next day I might have a little pin point red mark, but by the second day there was nothing).

NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Return to General Discussion