Swollen Lymph Nodes

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Swollen Lymph Nodes

Postby Karazhan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:07 am

First of all, let me say that I'm blown away by the knowledge that most of you frequent posters have about all things MS and I know you put a lot of research into it (which I don't), so please forgive me if this theory is utter nonsense or has already been mentioned.
I've always been on the fence about the CCSVI thing because I just don't know enough. Like everyone else, I'm sure, when that first major exacerbation happened, I tried to identify every little thing in my life just prior that could have triggered it. I remember that lyndacarol had asked me about a sinus infection I mentioned but I never considered that it could have had anything to do with the exacerbation. I'm considering it now because I have a sinus infection and my lymph nodes are swollen, very swollen. The area just under my jawline and near the carotid is tight and the pressure is painful. Sooooo, if someone already had a stenosis, could the swollen lymph nodes press against the blood vessels and create more blockage and lead to a BBB breakdown?
Just wondering...
Kara
Karazhan
Family Member

Advertisement

swollen lymph nodes

Postby red-eye » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:54 am

hi,

i too have swollen lymph nodes. under jaw line, on the back of my neck and one just behind my ear.

i wonder if this is a symptom in ms. maybe it has been considered in other posts.

or if others have this same issue.
red-eye

Postby jimmylegs » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:21 am

"Lymph nodes can become swollen from infection, inflammatory conditions, an abscess, or cancer. Other causes of enlarged lymph nodes are rare. By far, the most common cause of swollen lymph nodes is infection." i have a bunch of info on fighting infection and inflammation with diet and nutrition if anyone is interested :)
READ ME key info on nutrient targets - www.thisisms.com/ftopict-2489.html
my approach: no meds so far - just nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory whole foods, and supplements where needed
info: www.whfoods.com, www.nutritiondata.com
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Karazhan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 am

jimmylegs wrote: i have a bunch of info on fighting infection and inflammation with diet and nutrition if anyone is interested :)

Only if it involves Doritos. :P
Seriously though, the typical cycle for me is that i get a seasonal allergy flare up which leads to a sinus infection with swollen lymph nodes and then it goes into bronchitis.
I've also wondered about this: If MS is a disease of the immune system, then wouldn't it make allergic reactions much more intense than in a non-MS'er? My neuro told me that my CSF had an increased amount of immune activity, I took that to mean that my t-cells are bad-ass and looking for a fight.
I feel like I'm groping around in the dark, trying to find something that makes sense to me, the MS theory I can believe in.
Karazhan
Family Member

Postby jimmylegs » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:18 pm

yeah the immune system has two signals, one is attack and one is stop attacking. vitamin d3 supports the stop attacking side. things like zinc, and selenium are antiviral and antibacterial so i think if we looked into the biochem that they would support the attack side of the system.

we need to develop Zun-d3anse doritos for you i think
READ ME key info on nutrient targets - www.thisisms.com/ftopict-2489.html
my approach: no meds so far - just nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory whole foods, and supplements where needed
info: www.whfoods.com, www.nutritiondata.com
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Karazhan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:41 pm

That sounds Magnesifent!
Karazhan
Family Member

Re: Swollen Lymph Nodes

Postby Pookie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:02 pm

My husband was just in the hospital for severe flu. While he was in there he had a ct scan and it came back with swollen lymph nodes in his chest. Could the flu have done that? He is now in rehab but we have been advised to have him have a biopsy on the lymph nodes. Any suggestions from anyone??
Pookie
Getting to Know You...

Postby bartman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Here is a suggestion...MS is infection related just as is thought by a growing number of doctors. Are you familiar with the Wheldon protocol for Cpn? Are you familiar with Lyme disease and co-infections Bartonella and Babesia? Mycoplasma Pneumonia? Do you know how many people are misdiagnosed with MS when they really have infections? My cousin for one, almost died when it was discovered he tested positive for all of the above mentioned infections. He is much better now than he was but it took a very long time to get better and he may be on antibiotics for life.

Ask your doctor to test you for these infections even though it is very difficult to get positive results because these infections get in the tissue and are able to hide from detection. Then find a doctor who knows about these infections.

It has been thought for years that a virus (ebv) has something to do with MS. And it's probably true ...a virus activates an infection. Bartonella is an infection that likes the lymph nodes. Bartonella has been linked to MS also. Hope this leads you on your way to better health for your husband.
bartman
Family Elder

Postby andreagwolford » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:06 am

This could be due to bacterial and viral infections of various kinds, some autoimmune diseases, and certain forms of cancer. However, it is not directly related to MS. Even the condition you have decribed has nothing to do with sinusitis either.
andreagwolford

Return to General Discussion