sci ed 4 u

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

sci ed 4 u

Postby jimmylegs » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:48 pm

omg! videos galore

http://www.khanacademy.org/#Biology

Introduction to Evolution and Natural Selection Intelligent Design and Evolution Evolution Clarification Natural Selection and the Owl Butterfly DNA Variation in a Species Chromosomes, Chromatids, Chromatin, etc. Mitosis, Meiosis and Sexual Reproduction Phases of Mitosis Phases of Meiosis Embryonic Stem Cells Cancer Introduction to Heredity Punnett Square Fun Hardy-Weinberg Principle Sex-Linked Traits Bacteria Viruses ATP: Adenosine Triphosphate Introduction to Cellular Respiration Oxidation and Reduction Review From Biological Point-of-View Oxidation and Reduction in Cellular Respiration Glycolysis Krebs / Citric Acid Cycle Electron Transport Chain Oxidative Phosphorylation and Chemiosmosis Photosynthesis Photosynthesis: Light Reactions 1 Photosynthesis: Light Reactions and Photophosphorylation Photosynthesis: Calvin Cycle Photorespiration C-4 Photosynthesis CAM Plants Parts of a cell Diffusion and Osmosis The Lungs and Pulmonary System Red blood cells Circulatory System and the Heart Hemoglobin Anatomy of a Neuron Sodium Potassium Pump Correction to Sodium and Potassium Pump Video Electrotonic and Action Potentials Saltatory Conduction in Neurons Neuronal Synapses (Chemical) Myosin and Actin Tropomyosin and troponin and their role in regulating muscle contraction Role of the Sarcoplasmic Reticulum in Muscle Cells Anatomy of a muscle cell Role of Phagocytes in Innate or Nonspecific Immunity Types of immune responses: Innate and Adaptive. Humoral vs. Cell-Mediated B Lymphocytes (B cells) Professional Antigen Presenting Cells (APC) and MHC II complexes Helper T Cells Cytotoxic T Cells Review of B cells, CD4+ T cells and CD8+ T cells Inflammatory Response The Kidney and Nephron
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Advertisement

Postby lyndacarol » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:50 am

JL, GREAT information!

In the Krebs/Citric Acid Cycle, there was mention that humans can use proteins or fats, alternatively to glucose, to produce energy. This seems VERY important to me.

Thanks, JL.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:08 am

I KNOW unbelievable. what a resource :D :D :D i'm in the middle of the krebs vid right now. he goes a little overboard for me on hammering the 'this happens two times, one for each pyruvate' I GET IT jeez lol
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby lyndacarol » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:07 pm

The Dr. Oz Show episode with Dr. Joe Mercola was rerun today. He speaks about the use of ketone bodies in the brain as an alternative (to glucose) fuel:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/alternat ... versy-pt-2 about 4:20 into the video

Just the same explanation as the Khan Academy, JL. It appears that this information is newly accepted by the medical community. Does that mean we are on the cutting edge???

We humans CAN survive just fine on a diet without carbohydrates, starches and sugars, that convert to glucose.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion