Minai wrote:Just learned that one of my former high school classmates was diagnosed with MS. Am now wondering if there could be any connections to exposure to poisonous plants or dangerous chemicals used in imported floral design. This is because:
1) His mother owned a floral shop. In fact, I paid her to do my wedding flowers years ago.
2) I would think that more females (on the average) than males, are exposed.
3) Is this what happens/happened in MS clusters? Such as the Faroes?
Bubba wrote:let me throw a wrench in the sprokets here... I can handle poison plants with NO side efffects from them, I assumed it had something to do with MS?
NHE wrote:Hi Minai,
It's good to see you back on the forums. I'm not sure what to say about your poisonous plants theory. However, I've often thought that my exposure to organic solvents on a near daily basis in my prior career may have played a role. For the first year or two I didn't wear gloves. I know that they certainly affect brain function. When I was in college, I found that it was near impossible to do my calculus homework after working with the stuff so I finally started wearing a respirator. The solvents dissolve oils and fats which is what all of our cell membranes, including myelin, is composed of.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users