MS Society of Canada approves $6.6 million in new research

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS Society of Canada approves $6.6 million in new research

Postby MSUK » Wed May 18, 2011 8:05 am

The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada is pleased to announce that $6.6 million has been allocated in new research funding. Recently, the grants review and medical advisory committees of the MS Society of Canada met and designated $2.4 million towards 74 personnel awards such as studentships, fellowships and career development awards, as well as $4.2 million towards 17 operating grants. Funding allocations approved through this process will fund projects for up to three years beginning in 2011.... Read More - ... ageid/2479
Family Elder

Postby leetz » Thu May 19, 2011 9:16 pm

wow so they will research even more toxic drug's that do not work? well as long as the money keep's rolling in i suppose our health doesn't really matter!.....impress me oh MS society by doing research into like something natural like...natural fruit's or diet change...oh that's would they make money off of that?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...
Family Elder

Postby KateCW » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 am

Studying diet etc is a great ides, but I hopethey DO study more drugs, and specifically for primary progressive ms. I am tired of not even having the option to try DMDs, being excluded from studies, etc. We are a very under-served minority in the MS population.
Kathy, 49 with PPMS,full time scooter.
Married to a wonderful man, mother to a darling 9 yr old boy
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion