Strange eye symptoms? Help?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Strange eye symptoms? Help?

Postby DrDiana » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:32 am

Hi All,
Most of you know that I'll be speaking at Dr. Sclafani's CCSVI Conference in a couple of weeks. While preparing for the prezo, an idea hit me, and I'd like to see if I may be onto something, without prejudicing you by explaining it first (please don't feel used!). (I don't make any income from my research, so no sales. Promise.)

We all know about optic neuritis. But have you ever had a strange eye symptom that perhaps went away and you never explored it? What are some weird eye or vision symptoms you have had?

Thanks so much!
:)
Dr. Diana

Special interest in "brain drains" and how they affect numerous conditions, including MS, Ehlers-Danlos, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc. I am a therapeutic optometrist on professional disability with EDS, POTS, CCSVI, mast cell disea
DrDiana
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Lyon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

Postby DrDiana » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks Lyon,

Yea, that's a tough one to separate! In some patients, we'd find dryness that was horribly painful, post-LASIK, but their corneas didn't look THAT dry. We attributed it to the nerves that were cut (or lasered) during the procedure.

In MS, it could be nerve damage, but there are a few other causes I'm looking into. Meanwhile, there are lots of options for her! I am using them all!
:)
Dr. Diana

Special interest in "brain drains" and how they affect numerous conditions, including MS, Ehlers-Danlos, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc. I am a therapeutic optometrist on professional disability with EDS, POTS, CCSVI, mast cell disea
DrDiana
Family Elder

Postby mrbarlow » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:56 am

Interesting.

I had lasik in April 2006 and suffered dry eyes for 2-3 years after. However I do wonder if this over lapped with the start of my problems leading up to the Optic Neuritis which affected my left eye only.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion