Parasitic worms may offer hope on MS

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Postby mrbarlow » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:09 am

The most plausible explanation I have read goes as follows.

MS has always been around but extremely rare. Its emergence occured as a cascade following the events below:

1. Agricultural revolution - livestock move from grass fed to cereal fed. this reduces the omega 3 content of meat, dairy products, eggs

2. Industrial revolution. Large numbers move into indoor work in cities. Vitamin D intake plummets as less sun exposure. Heavy air pollution exacerbates the problem

3. Increase in air pollution increases oxidative stress whilst falling quality of food (for urban dwellers) reduces availability of anti oxidants

4. Development of toilets and sewerage systems massively reduces the transmission of intestinal parasites.

Each of the above adding to the prevalence of MS in the population. Interestingly know omega 3 and Vitamin D have prevantive, therapeutic benefits in MS. Anti oxidants most probably do, and increasingly the evidence is pointing towards helminths as being helpful too.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Postby HarryZ » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:52 am

The Middle East used to have a very low incidence of MS...until about 20 years ago when the Western world's influence (most likely food) starting to change all of that.

Now the rate has climbed alarmingly. Believe I heard that they are funding research on CCSVI in an attempt to find some answers.

Harry
HarryZ
Family Elder

Postby mrbarlow » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:38 pm

HarryZ wrote:The Middle East used to have a very low incidence of MS...until about 20 years ago when the Western world's influence (most likely food) starting to change all of that.

Now the rate has climbed alarmingly. Believe I heard that they are funding research on CCSVI in an attempt to find some answers.

Harry

I live in middle east and I suspect the rate has always been high especially in the part Im in. The difference now is they accept a medical condition called MS. 30 years ago it was probably ascribed to the devils work.

In Iran, pre 1979 women were relatively emancipated. Come the revolution and the requirement to dress like Darth Vader has seen a progressive increase in MS in the female population.

I agree western diets have probably made the situation worse. Here in the magical kingdom 1 in 3 adults has type 2 diabetes.. 8O
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Postby HelminthicTherapy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:45 pm

what country do you live in?

mrbarlow wrote:
HarryZ wrote:The Middle East used to have a very low incidence of MS...until about 20 years ago when the Western world's influence (most likely food) starting to change all of that.

Harry

I live in middle east and I suspect the rate has always been high especially in the part Im in. The difference now is they accept a medical condition called MS. 30 years ago it was probably ascribed to the devils work.

In Iran, pre 1979 women were relatively emancipated. Come the revolution and the requirement to dress like Darth Vader has seen a progressive increase in MS in the female population.

I agree western diets have probably made the situation worse. Here in the magical kingdom 1 in 3 adults has type 2 diabetes.. 8O
HelminthicTherapy
Getting to Know You...

Postby mrbarlow » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:53 am

HelminthicTherapy wrote:what country do you live in?

mrbarlow wrote:

Harry

Saudi Arabia
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Postby HelminthicTherapy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:29 am

oh, wow. Were you born there or just there temporarily?

mrbarlow wrote:
HelminthicTherapy wrote:what country do you live in?

mrbarlow wrote:

Harry

Saudi Arabia
HelminthicTherapy
Getting to Know You...

Postby mrbarlow » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:24 am

Working here. diagnosed 6 weeks after starting new job. Luckily company pretty good with some quick treatment. Had ON - admitted, seen by Opthal, Neuro, MRI scan, on Steroids and Interferon inside 48 hours
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Postby HelminthicTherapy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:35 am

Are you considering trying helminthic therapy?
From what I heard, it's very effective for remitting/relapsing multiple sclerosis with practically no side effects.

I've been hosting 35 hookworms since April 2010 with no side effects and put my Crohn's into a remission. I know people with MS who are also in remission due to helminthic therapy.

mrbarlow wrote:Working here. diagnosed 6 weeks after starting new job. Luckily company pretty good with some quick treatment. Had ON - admitted, seen by Opthal, Neuro, MRI scan, on Steroids and Interferon inside 48 hours
HelminthicTherapy
Getting to Know You...

nottingham university

Postby fee001 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:53 am

Hi!

Could you tell me who at the Nottingham University is conducting research, I know I should have read it but i havent, plus I only live 3 miles away from it. But I would like to contact the relevant people directly.

If you could pm me it would be great.

Thanx
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
fee001
Family Elder

Postby mrbarlow » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:00 am

mrbarlow
Family Elder

Postby HelminthicTherapy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:02 am

Also a lot of research is at this google docs link: http://goo.gl/CFsY
HelminthicTherapy
Getting to Know You...