Note we may have some server downtime today and this weekend as we perform some upgrades. Please save a copy of any posts you make during this time in case we have any server trouble. Thank you!

Glandular fever link to multiple sclerosis

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Glandular fever link to multiple sclerosis

Postby MSUK » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:56 am

New Australian research has found a link between glandular fever and multiple sclerosis (MS).

MS affects 20,000 people in Australia and is a condition where the immune system attacks the brain and spinal cord.

Many of those diagnosed are young, healthy women.

Now a new study from the Australian National University (ANU) has found those who have glandular fever antibodies have a much greater risk of developing multiple sclerosis.... Read More - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseact ... pageid/707
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
MSUK
Family Elder

Postby fee001 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:38 am

Hi

I havent read this article, but hey! I posted the following on my blog last year. the title was quite a coinsidence.

Wednesday, 8 December 2010Glandular fever link, I think
Not that I've ever had glandular fever, but I think its linked to herpes virus, which lays dormant within the system and hey presto pops up again.

Many people on the ms website, have had glandular fever, its quite interesting, unfortunately the websites search button is not up and running at the mo. so not possible for others to check, but the subject has come up quite often over time, so there has to be a link. Perhaps it too lays dormant but appears later under a disguise, lets say fatigue.

Anyways yesterday happened accross some old article (isnt google a wonderful piece of technology) dated 22/4/2004 BBC News titled "Glandular fever virus link to MS" So perhaps my theory is not that outlandish afterall
Posted by my ms/mess at 00:57
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
fee001
Family Elder

I still havent read it but I will l8er

Postby fee001 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:48 am

Sunday, 16 January 2011Epstein Barr
This subject comes up quite often on the mss site, Glandular fever also the Herpes virus there is some kind of link, perhaps lays dormant in the system and resurfaces as fatigue, I dont know there is some kind of link, but what it is I dont know, perhaps I'll do some digging, its worth a look.

Well looked and hey! bingo, cronic fatigue.

Chickenpox too lays dormant, how many links to this chain I ask, is it also linked to fatigue, I'll look and check again. Here goes.

Hey presto, chickenpox can cause fatigue also.
Posted by my ms/mess at 06:38
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
fee001
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion