Testimonial Request

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Testimonial Request

Post by jimmylegs »

Hi all,

I have decided that I am going to try for a particular job in health education and outreach.

If you feel that you have personally benefited from nutritional information provided here at TiMS by yours truly, I would be pleased to hear about it for inclusion in my reference files, in the event that I am granted an interview.

You can provide your feedback, if any, either on this thread or by private message if you prefer.

Thanks much all,

Jimmylegs :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Re: Testimonial Request

Post by mrbarlow »

You can count me in. Your advice on Magnesium resolved a 20 year problem with upper back tension. I got my mother on Magnesium and she has noticed a significant reduction in cramps. Now trialing it with dad who has some lower back issues which appear to be muscular.

Best of luck by the way :smile:
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

thanks mr.b :D
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Your posts motivated me to get my Vit D3 level checked. If not for your motivation, I would have acquiesced when my primary doctor at first refused the blood test; however, thanks to you, I persisted. My doc was quite surprised when my level measured near zero, and now I supplement. I said all this in a post long ago, but I never knew if you saw the post, so this gives me a second chance to thank you! Thank you and best of luck! You deserve the position, and you can tell them HP said so :-D
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

thanks so much happy!
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Jimmylegs, you are a great asset to this website! You have educated me about vitamins and minerals, which I think are critical to the management of MS symptoms. Your openness and approachability invite my questions and contributions. I thank you for sharing your efforts and teaching us all about these aspects of nutrition.

All the best to you in this investigation into a new job area.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

thank you very much LC, i appreciate that.
lovebug
Family Elder

Post by lovebug »

I agree you are definately an asset to all of us here on TIMS! I can`t thank you enough for the help you have given me with the drugs/supplements that I am taking and with helping me sort out dosages. I am currently on track with the Magnesium Glycinate. Good luck with your job search. But don`t forget about us here on TIMS!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i definitely won't, lovebug! thanks so much!
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

Jimmylegs; your postings have helped me to organize my supplements into what I think is a healthy regime. Without the information that you have shared I wouldn't know about zinc, or taking some magnesium apart from my D3 because I take a very high dose right now.
You say it in a way that is clear and very understandable.

Thank you and good luck with the interview when you get it.
maynaka
Family Elder

Post by maynaka »

Jimmylegs,

I cannot say there is any one specific thing I have learned from you. There are many.

I have learned the implications of vitamin deficiencies, the importance of diet (including anti-inflammatory factors) and so much more. What is even more impressive is the fact that you substantiate your recommendations with the research to back it up.

You are one of this site's biggest assets.

Thank you for all your contributions.

M
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

thanks very much to both of you! glad to be here :)
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

jl, can you post this thread on the CCSVI subforum? I think you'll get many testimonials from people there whom I know highly respect you.

If you're too busy to post the thread, I'll post the thread. :-D

Edit - typo fix
Last edited by HappyPoet on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i will do so. thanks happy :)
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Thanks Jimmylegs, your feedback and knowledge of such a wide variety of diet and nutrient issues has helped my understanding of the processes involved in the many, many discussions here on TiMS.
One of the most supportive things that you have done is to find out further information for us when we have been discussing mechanisms of vitamins, minerals and other supplements. This whole area of knowledge is a mine field for most of us and I have enjoyed the balanced way you have provided us answers by guiding us with your knowledge.
Thank you, I personally don't think you realize the difference you have made and I wish you well in the future.
Regards Nigel

Return to “General Discussion”