2nd part of the upright MRI study results

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

2nd part of the upright MRI study results

Postby civickiller » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:19 pm

I hope this isnt a repost

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 929674.DTL
There is also a link to the 1st part saying how trauma results in CSF flow blockages and how CSF being backed up in the brain is causing the MS lesions

This is proving even more that Upper Cervical Care chiropractics is needed and works.

come by the Chiropractic treatment forum and learn more
Last edited by civickiller on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
civickiller
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: 2nd part of the upright MRI study results

Postby civickiller » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:25 pm

FONAR Corporation (NASDAQ-FONR), The Inventor of MR Scanning™, reported today the cessation of symptoms in a 41-year-old female patient with multiple sclerosis following noninvasive treatment. The treatment was based on a recent major diagnostic breakthrough about the cause of multiple sclerosis achieved with the advanced FONAR UPRIGHT® MRI.

Misaligned cervical vertebrae in the patient (specifically, the vertebrae in the neck known as C-1, C-2, and C3) were causing blockage of the flow of cerebrospinal fluid. The malrotations of these vertebrae were initially discovered and visualized by the FONAR UPRIGHT® MRI, which showed that the vertebrae were rotated 5-6 degrees from their normal alignment.

When the vertebrae were successfully realigned, the patient's symptoms subsided. The realignment was achieved by Dr. Scott Rosa, (Rock Hill, NY), using the noninvasive Atlas Orthogonal (AO) instrument, a device that can be used to tap the vertebrae back into normal alignment.

The patient is currently being maintained free of her MS symptoms, (vertigo and vomiting on recumbency) when recumbent, by weekly treatment with the AO instrument.

In the original study on which the diagnostic breakthrough was based, the Upright MRI further revealed that the cervical misalignments in the patient resulted in impairment of the flow of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) on the posterior side of the spinal cord at the cervical joint between C-2 and C-3. When obstructed, the 500 cc of CSF generated daily within the ventricles of the brain cannot exit the ventricle and circulate normally down the spinal canal and return to the brain. The resulting buildup of CSF pressure gives rise to leakages of CSF fluid into the brain tissue surrounding the ventricles. The swelling in this MS patient (patient #8 of the recent study of CSF flows of 8 MS patients) was particularly pronounced in what are known as the posterior horns of the lateral ventricles. (Fig. 8, Damadian, R.V. and Chu, D., "The Possible Role of Cranio-Cervical Trauma and Abnormal CSF Hydrodynamics in the Genesis of Multiple Sclerosis" Physiol. Chem. and Physics and Medical NMR, September 20, 2011,41:1-17). The complete study in which the diagnostic breakthrough was reported can be viewed at http://www.fonar.com/pdf/PCP41_damadian.pdf.

The CSF leakages visualized were connected directly to the MS lesions visible in the MRI scans (Fig. 8). It became apparent to researcher Dr. Raymond Damadian that these leakages might be the cause of the brain lesions of MS patients.

Following treatment of the patient's cervical malrotations, which was performed by Dr. Scott Rosa (Rock Hill, NY), Upright MRI scans, as well as X-rays obtained by Dr. Rosa, showed that the cervical malrotations had been restored to normal.

At the same time, the patient reported that her severe vertigo and vomiting in the recumbent (lying down) position had ceased and that her stumbling from unequal leg length had disappeared.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1dobtbZZk
civickiller
Family Elder

Postby Vikingquest » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:16 pm

This just sounds like an advertisment for the Fonar upright scanner, sounds phony to me.
Vikingquest
Family Member

Postby civickiller » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:54 pm

go visit chronic-cerebrospinal-venous-insufficiency-ccsvi-f40/topic14005.html talk with uprightdoc
search on google- Upper Cervical Care, if you think all these Dr's dont help, why are they still in business worldwide
visit the chiropractic treatment forum on here and read

i personally went and saw a UCC Dr, i lost my heat sensitivity, migraines, back pain, balance, and it helped my walking

if you dont want to get helped by this then dont post especially if you've never tried UCC
civickiller
Family Elder

Postby CureOrBust » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:10 am

Vikingquest wrote:This just sounds like an advertisment for the Fonar upright scanner, sounds phony to me.

I think he is probably right, and it is a valid statement about the article linked to. HOWEVER, advertising is a means to an end, and it reminds me to set up my appointment with the local Fonar upright mri centre here in Australia which I found aft6er reading the first article. :smile:

By the way, I noticed on the page that there was a link to a web sire called "PR Web", so I would guess their PR company organised if not paid for this article. The story itself is pretty much fluf (that will catch the general publics eye) as it talks of "FONAR Corporation (NASDAQ-FONR), The Inventor of MR Scanning™, reported today the cessation of symptoms in A 41-year-old female patient with multiple sclerosis following noninvasive treatment." The study paper is better.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby civickiller » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:19 am

Happypoet was in a study where after a ucc adjustment, they saw an, i believe he said, significant increase in CSF flow, i want to say study was 40 patients

ahh, CureOrBust if its phony then why setup an appointment for it :)

me personally would rather get healed minimally invasive as possible, nothing more minimally invasive than just putting very lite pressure on your neck

but i did my job an informed you guys about it, if you guys choose not to listen. everyone does what they feel is right

as ive always said, UCC correction and holding then CCSVI
civickiller
Family Elder

Postby euphoniaa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:45 am

civickiller wrote:
FONAR Corporation (NASDAQ-FONR), The Inventor of MR Scanning™, reported today the cessation of symptoms in a 41-year-old female patient with multiple sclerosis following noninvasive treatment. The treatment was based on a recent major diagnostic breakthrough about the cause of multiple sclerosis achieved with the advanced FONAR UPRIGHT® MRI.

Misaligned cervical vertebrae in the patient (specifically, the vertebrae in the neck known as C-1, C-2, and C3) were causing blockage of the flow of cerebrospinal fluid. The malrotations of these vertebrae were initially discovered and visualized by the FONAR UPRIGHT® MRI, which showed that the vertebrae were rotated 5-6 degrees from their normal alignment.

When the vertebrae were successfully realigned, the patient's symptoms subsided. The realignment was achieved by Dr. Scott Rosa, (Rock Hill, NY), using the noninvasive Atlas Orthogonal (AO) instrument, a device that can be used to tap the vertebrae back into normal alignment.

The patient is currently being maintained free of her MS symptoms, (vertigo and vomiting on recumbency) when recumbent, by weekly treatment with the AO instrument.

In the original study on which the diagnostic breakthrough was based, the Upright MRI further revealed that the cervical misalignments in the patient resulted in impairment of the flow of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) on the posterior side of the spinal cord at the cervical joint between C-2 and C-3. When obstructed, the 500 cc of CSF generated daily within the ventricles of the brain cannot exit the ventricle and circulate normally down the spinal canal and return to the brain. The resulting buildup of CSF pressure gives rise to leakages of CSF fluid into the brain tissue surrounding the ventricles. The swelling in this MS patient (patient #8 of the recent study of CSF flows of 8 MS patients) was particularly pronounced in what are known as the posterior horns of the lateral ventricles. (Fig. 8, Damadian, R.V. and Chu, D., "The Possible Role of Cranio-Cervical Trauma and Abnormal CSF Hydrodynamics in the Genesis of Multiple Sclerosis" Physiol. Chem. and Physics and Medical NMR, September 20, 2011,41:1-17). The complete study in which the diagnostic breakthrough was reported can be viewed at http://www.fonar.com/pdf/PCP41_damadian.pdf.

The CSF leakages visualized were connected directly to the MS lesions visible in the MRI scans (Fig. 8). It became apparent to researcher Dr. Raymond Damadian that these leakages might be the cause of the brain lesions of MS patients.

Following treatment of the patient's cervical malrotations, which was performed by Dr. Scott Rosa (Rock Hill, NY), Upright MRI scans, as well as X-rays obtained by Dr. Rosa, showed that the cervical malrotations had been restored to normal.

At the same time, the patient reported that her severe vertigo and vomiting in the recumbent (lying down) position had ceased and that her stumbling from unequal leg length had disappeared.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1dobtbZZk

Interesting. Reading down through this, I noticed a similarity to my most recent MRI report, where it talks about an increase in brain lesions overall, especially noting the "prominent tumefactive [that means big] plaque along the posterior horn of the right lateral ventricle."

You can see a picture of that giant lesion on this thread link: general-discussion-f1/topic16335.html

I've also been checking in on Dr. Flanagan's Upper Cervical Chiropractic thread, since I've always assumed that my lifelong physical weirdnesses were due to childhood whiplash incidents. Hoping to get to an Upper Cervical doctor soon. Image
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Postby CureOrBust » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:14 am

civickiller wrote:ahh, CureOrBust if its phony then why setup an appointment for it :)
I never said it was"phony", if you read my post, all I said was that it was probably advertising. That does not mean it is phoney or that I believe it is phoney. The people who supply water and food, also advertise, and they are not phoney; water and food does exist. I have set up an appointment because of the previous article (not simply advertising), and due to the same reason you have posted yourself.

Where I was coming from and which you repeated in your redirection of my post, is that you replied with more emotion than factual consideration to what Vikingquest actually posted.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby civickiller » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:39 am

I was just fooling around with you Cure, ive read your posts in Dr Flanagan's thread, thats why i put smiley face, for some reason i couldnt see the faces to use :razz: or :lol: and all i remembered was :)
civickiller
Family Elder

Postby CureOrBust » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:55 am

Sorry, I took it the wrong way, my boo-boo :oops: . To be honest, I have no memory of posting in that thread ^#(^

I have tried so many things, I am very sceptical of everything, but I pray to be proven wrong :YMPRAY:
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby HappyPoet » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:46 am

Hiya civic. Your memory of my posts in Dr. Flanagan's CCSVI and CCVBP thread is terrific!
Here's a recap for the readers in this forum:

My AO chiro, Dr. Craig Wehrenberg, of Albany, NY, enrolled me in a 40-patient randomized, blinded study that evaluated CSF flow, measured by upright MRI, before and after Atlas Orthogonal UCC adjustment. Luckily, I was not randomized into the sham arm, so I only needed two MRIs--one before the adjustment and one after. Dr. Scott Rosa did my adjustment, and there was a "notable" increase in my CSF flow. :-D

An MS-only cohort study of 40 patients is being planned by the same researchers for 2012. The study will take place in Albany, NY. Enrolling of patients hasn't officially begun yet, but if anyone is interested in participating, let me know by post or PM; patients can also contact Dr. Wehrenberg directly.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Postby civickiller » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:49 pm

that right, notable, now i remember that

yeah Cure ive never been good at joking :cry: lol

I recommend upper cervical care to everyone especially neurological disease patients. ucc is the only thing that has brought improvement for me other then solumedrol.
when my atlas goes out of alignment, i feel so bad. feeling that way, thank god i found ucc and i almost feel normal

thanks for the info HP. i love the awareness being made with ucc and its benefits
civickiller
Family Elder

Postby CureOrBust » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:01 am

HappyPoet wrote:My AO chiro, Dr. Craig Wehrenberg, of Albany, NY, enrolled me in a 40-patient randomized, blinded study that evaluated CSF flow, measured by upright MRI, before and after Atlas Orthogonal UCC adjustment. Luckily, I was not randomized into the sham arm, so I only needed two MRIs--one before the adjustment and one after. Dr. Scott Rosa did my adjustment, and there was a "notable" increase in my CSF flow. :-D
Did they publish an article?
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby HappyPoet » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:15 am

Yw, civic :)

After 12 years of saying to myself, "My MS is flaring," whenever symptoms would become active, I still sometimes mistakenly say, "My MS is flaring," when in actuality, the flare is caused because my Atlas needs adjustment. This old way of thinking has sometimes made me wait too long to call Dr. Wehrenberg which meant it took longer for the flare to settle down once my Atlas had been fixed, BUT I am now starting to get used to saying, "My Atlas needs adjustment."

Recap continued: My symptom improvements from AO chiro are that I no longer have numb feet (100% improvement) which means I can walk again and that I no longer have the full brunt of the debilitating pain and spasticity from my MS Hug (75% improvement) which means I can get out of bed again. I still, though, have other symptoms that AO chiro hasn't helped (yet?).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi CureOrBust,

The researchers and statisticians are still analyzing the data. When the study is published, I'll be told by my AO chiro, Dr. Wehrenberg, and will post the info in Dr. Flanagan's thread.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Postby civickiller » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:59 pm

sorry idk what Yw means?

hopefully you see more benefits
civickiller
Family Elder

Next

Return to General Discussion