I can tell you from observation that MS can be cured if treated within a short time (like 1 year) frame of the onset of the disease. I have been through the MS journey for few years now. A friend of mine has been completely cured of the symptoms. She took 3 months of treatment at a genuine place in India. My close family member had the same treatment but his recovery has been very slow. But remarkable given that he his complications started 8 years ago. But I am optimistic that he will be cured.
One thing for sure is that Ayurveda will help stop the progression of the disease. That is what the Dr aims at. Then they will look for recovering lost abilities. Which is excellent given what other treatments have to offer.
After pouring through 1000s of pages in web and text books I gather that the key to cure is in this routine:
1. As much as Pranayama as possible everyday - starting with 5 minutes and extending it to half an hour as you can handle (is realistic given the benefits).
search for "Baba Ramdev -Yoga Science, Pranayam & Yoga Asanas" in you tube
2. Meditation everyday - http://youtu.be/_FRyMrzjymY
search for "Meditation with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar"
3. Strict Diet - No sour food, chilly hot food, no additives/preservatives etc only natural cooked food, less fruits and no junk, good amount of carbs and little cooked veggies, sensible snacks. This list you have to get from your doctor but "please do not follow any web page" because they all have contradictory list of allowed items quoting ayurveda.
4. Ayurvedic treatment - Every doctor has their own style.
The common treatment -
assessment of your individual body type. based on that the rest are decised.
Technique for cleansing the toxins from body - panchakarma
Recuperation - rest
5. Last but not least but the ultimate - do some soul search - There is a very subtle but yet powerful technique called Sudarshan Kriya taught. This is very beneficial to each cell of our body and at various levels. http://www.artofliving.org/global/home
Sahaj samadhi meditation taught at the artofliving is ultimate. (This is not an advert. AOL is in 151 countries with millions of people practicing this.)
Gopi, What are the medicines given for the condition. I thought that siddha as powerful as Ayurveda. I didnt move forward as I couldnt find a good practitioner/advice.
All the best.