Any firefighters or former firefighters on here?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Any firefighters or former firefighters on here?

Postby panthers123 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:23 am

I did a search but did not find much or those users are no longer active. Im looking to talk with any fire fighters or former fire fighters that are living with ms. I would really appreciate it. PM me if you prefer.

Thanks
panthers123

Advertisement

Re: Any firefighters or former firefighters on here?

Postby msfire » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Yes one, here presently Toronto for 20 now
msfire
Getting to Know You...

Postby Flashover81 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm a firefighter, I dont have MS but have a 15 almost 16 year old son that was diagnosed with MS. If I can help dont hesitate to ask. Or if you want to just talk. Take care. Jimmy.
Flashover81
Family Member

Postby girlffmedic » Sat May 19, 2012 6:12 am

Good Morning,
Just registered and yes, I was a firefighter/paramedic in Orange County, Florida for 18 years and Lake County, Florida for 2 years. Had to retire last August with my diagnosis of severe, aggressive RRMS. :sad:
Angie Robertson
girlffmedic

Postby DaveBobFFMS » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Just registered! FF/PM in Oswego IL. I am working on establishing a website for ALL Firefighters/EMT's to gather at to share our stories and help our fellow brothers and sisters living with MS. Watch for it, FirefighterswithMS.com. Could use some help if any of you are out there. db.sackett@yahoo.com "It is what it is, keep pushin on!"
DaveBobFFMS

Postby 108Photographer » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:36 am

Hello Everyone-

I know this post is on the older side... and I don't know if anyone is even following it anymore..but I am also a firefighter with MS. I am also currently looking for any firefighters who are active on their department. I am wondering how their department treated their DX.

I am still "in the closet" about mine for now because I don't know how they'd handle it.. whether with open arms or if the only see the "stigma" attached to it.
108Photographer

Postby Smokeeater374 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:46 am

Career firefighter/medic here. On the job 15 years. Found out last August that I have MS. the city I work for has so far been very helpful and welcomes me back with open arms. I was off for 2 months when they found out exactly what it was. The officers have been very helpful. The guys on shift with me have even just like they were before. It's been a great experience SO FAR. If I can be of any help please let me know.
Josh
Smokeeater374

Return to General Discussion