Popping grinding cracking in neck

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Popping grinding cracking in neck

Postby happygolucky » Sun May 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed last year when I was 20 and recently started taking Gilenya. For the past few months I have been having serious neck pain including persistent popping and cracking (not the typical sounds or feeling you get when you crack your back or neck) and grinding. It's really gross, but painful. All I have to do is move my neck and POP, POP, POP!

I had an MRI done on my brain and it came back with the typical MS lesions. I get migraines often from the pain in my neck muscles as well. I'm stiff and achey and just want some answers :sad: Help!

Thank you!
21 yr old female.
Diagnosed 2011.
Hakuna Matata.
happygolucky

Advertisement

Re: Popping grinding cracking in neck

Postby LR1234 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:22 am

I get the poppy neck....have done ever since I have been ill.
I started popping it myself too.....I would advise not to do it....seems to really flair up my MS so now I try not to pop it at all.
I get the grinding though when twisting my body and I am not sure if its coming from my hips or my neck but I can hear it.
(I am 34)
LR1234
Family Elder

Postby cheerleader » Mon May 21, 2012 7:26 am

welcome, Happy.
I don't have MS, but I do have cervical disc disease. Alot of people with MS have this problem. Bone on bone, or not alot of padding between discs, or bulging discs in the neck. You might want to get an Xray of your cervical spine. Talk to your doctor. This can cause cervical migraine (which I get.) My treatment, from a chiropractor, involves gentle massage, gentle traction, exercise and omega 3, magnesium, glucosamine supplements, and sleep with a temperpedic pillow (really helps!) Watch your time on the computer, how you carry your shoulders and head position. Check out the chiropractic forum here: chiropractic-treatment-f50/
take care,
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

Postby happygolucky » Mon May 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks so much for the advice cheerleader. It was very helpful! I think that is my problem!!!
21 yr old female.
Diagnosed 2011.
Hakuna Matata.
happygolucky

Return to General Discussion