ankle tremor while sitting and rotating ankle

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

ankle tremor while sitting and rotating ankle

Postby jess4019 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:48 pm

I am new to this site and I posted this in the wrong area originally, so here goes :My doctor is sending me to a neurologist for suspected ms. I have many of the symptoms, but my question is: do any of you experience tremors when you rotate your ankle in a sitting position? What is that called? It isn't ankle clonus, I know that, but I have searched high and low on the internet and found nothing. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.
jess4019

Advertisement

Re: ankle tremor while sitting and rotating ankle

Postby jimmylegs » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:17 pm

hi jess, welcome to the forum. can you clarify what exactly tremors? your foot? lower leg? i can't say i've noticed anything particular about my ankles but we're all different. someone else may be able to relate.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby jess4019 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:33 pm

I have ankle tremors, when at rest when i apply pressure to the balls of my feet. This rotating tremor only happens when i am sitting there, rotating my ankle because it gets stiff.
jess4019

Postby jimmylegs » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:32 am

sounds exactly like spasticity/clonus, esp related to the application of pressure on the ball of the foot. that's just how my physio used to test my spasticity back in the day - press on the balls of my feet and count the 'beats'.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to General Discussion