I removed my post

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

I removed my post

Postby beatms » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:29 pm

I removed my post
Last edited by beatms on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
beatms
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby LisaBee » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:39 pm

Dave,

It is interesting that some of the tests you mention I had done prior to my diagnosis (and vitamin D post-diagnosis).

For at least year before my MS diagnosis, I had a slightly low TSH and a slightly high T4. Then, right in the throes of the neuro symptoms prior to diagnosis, the TSH normalized - waiting for that thyroid result actually delayed me getting a neuro referral because the primary docs thought my symptoms were possibly thyroid-related. A recent test from last fall has been normal. I should check back and see if T4/T3 ratios were run somewhere back in time.

Serum Vitamin D was taken several months post-diagnosis, and after I had started a regular mult-vitamin with about 400 IU vitamin D. My 25-OHD was within "lab normal" range, but based on the vitamin D researchers as in an insufficient range at a little below 20 ng/ml (if I remember the units right). I have no idea what the vitamin D levels were at the time of diagnosis. I have since tried to take more vitamin D on a regular basis, but have not been totally faithful in that effort.

Lisa
LisaBee
Family Elder

I removed my post

Postby beatms » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:36 am

I removed my post
beatms
Family Member

Return to General Discussion