Will the real multiple sclerosis please stand up?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: Will the real multiple sclerosis please stand up?

Post by HarryZ »

Luongo wrote:I might not be understanding this correctly, so this question may not make sense

What, according to this new theory, does this mean for the many people who have had CIS or a single episode without any further incidents? Did the body "self cure" the underlying neurodegenerative disease?
Good question that probably can't be answered since nobody knows what the underlying initial cause of the MS may be.

My wife had an initial attack which flattened her for about a month. Then the symptoms went away with some residual weakness in one leg and hand. For the next 20 years and without taking any medication whatsoever, there wasn't any visible disease progression. But something eventually happened because the MS gradually came back and became secondary progressive.

Harry
cervocuit
Family Elder

Post by cervocuit »

Yes, it’s a good question.
But those questions is not his field of research because he studies MS through a microscope. I watched the video. It just bring new questions, and probably the oportunity to develop new drugs.
Cheer,
Of course it’s not about ccsvi, so why you made of it an argument to support ccsvi. See your posts : « venoplasty…blood flow…ccsvi.org…a stroke researcher… ». Did you read what he thought about ccsvi ?
It reminds me the studiy of Prineas which has been used to support ccsvi many time. He replied to an email asking him what he thought about it.
http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blog ... ineas.html
CVfactor
Family Elder

Post by CVfactor »

That is a great e-mail from the esteemed doctor. But this is the best part.
I think this post delivers a Sad Zamboni or
Worse
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

CVfactor wrote:That is a great e-mail from the esteemed doctor. But this is the best part.
I think this post delivers a Sad Zamboni or
Worse
Ah, don't you just like the world of MS research medicine....ridicule, caustic remarks, trying to save face, protect your theories at all cost etc etc. When potential dollars are at issue, the sky's the limit!
CVfactor
Family Elder

Post by CVfactor »

I agree. Dr. Zamboni has severly tarnished the name of a fine ice refinishing machine.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

CVfactor wrote:I agree. Dr. Zamboni has severly tarnished the name of a fine ice refinishing machine.
And Freedman has shown the true colors of so many MS neuros. :wink: