New here hoping for diagnosis soon Comments?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
RandiB

New here hoping for diagnosis soon Comments?

Post by RandiB »

My 27 year old daughter has had back and leg pain since teen years. 4 years ago started having chest pain, shortness of breath. Positive tilt test and diagnosis of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Within days her legs started giving out, she had a weird trembling gate, numb areas on arms and legs, no reflexes in knees. Spent 3 days in hospital unable to walk. CT scan of brain showed a 0.6 x 0.7 well circumsribed low density are in left putamen without mass effect. No explanation. High dose steroids got her walking again. She has continued to have all of these problems with blurry vision, weak legs and numb spots that come and go. If she is in the hot sun for more than a few minutes her legs start trembling and she is unable to support herself. She had her first grand mal seizure 2 years ago and had had 5 or 6 since then. She gets a weird vibrating feeling throughout her body at times and a squeezing sensation around her ribs. She has bouts of IBS and times when she finds it incredibly difficult to empty her bladder.She will be seeing a new doctor on the 14th. We don't know what tests we should ask for but feel that all of this points to MS. She has been tested for Lyme and most other auto immune diseases. When she was unable to walk her CPK level was 600 indicating muscle injury but that could have been a result of the constant falling from the weak legs. Does anyone have any input or suggestions?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: New here hoping for diagnosis soon Comments?

Post by jimmylegs »

hey there, a lot of the issues with ms have known, well-researched nutritional links. have the docs looked at any of these known problem areas? if not, here's some reading
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens- ... c2489.html

lots of other angles to look at, but that's my 2c. welcome to the forum :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
RandiB

Post by RandiB »

I asked about deficiencies, especially B 12. Was told everything was normal. I breezed through chemo 15 years ago with the help of a naturopathicdoctor and nutritional therapy was a huge part of that. I think it's the best medicine we have. Thanks for the links .
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

good old 'normal'. such a deceptive term. have a read about that if you like, in the bloodwork section of the link i gave you.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.