Early Symptoms

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Early Symptoms

Postby michellergregory » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:57 am

My name is Michelle and I am 19, will be 20 in November. Lately I've been noticing more frequent tingling in my feet, legs and arms, as well as sudden numbness if I sit in a position for too long. I'm used to my legs and arms "falling asleep" but not so suddenly and fast. In addition to the numbness/tingling, I have been experiencing a feeling as if the floor/ground right under my feet is moving/spinning. Alarmed by these strange symptoms, I decided to Google "numbness tingling and extremities falling asleep" and the results took me to a site that listed what disorders are associated with these symptoms. MS was one of these disorders and I was just wondering when you all first noticed symptoms of MS, what the symptoms were, and when you decided to finally see a doctor for it. Any feedback is much appreciated!
michellergregory

Advertisement

Re: Early Symptoms

Postby jimmylegs » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:26 pm

hey welcome michelle :)
sorry to hear you're having trouble.
as you've seen, numbness and tingling does not automatically mean ms, so don't worry too much on that score. it is something to take action on though. so good for you for coming on here to ask.
personally i focus on nutrition, so i would want to know about your daily routine in terms of diet and hydration. the more detail you can provide the better.
also, if you make an appointment with your doctor, they can run some tests to figure out what is going on in more detail.
if you decide to share any dietary info, i may be able to suggest some nutrient testing ideas that you could fly past the doc and see if they'll agree to have them done.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Early Symptoms

Postby Lauralie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Hey! This may or may not help you. But google is great... but it is the devil too. Fatigue and numbness in limbs can also more commonly be (and less heard of) low iron levels in the body. You may be eating enough, but your body may not be absourbing it. Try $8.00 ferrous sulfate tablets. Theyre over the counter at any pharmacy and it can't hurt. I have MS, and I had low iron levels. My feet would constantly go numb. They couldn't tell if it was MS or my slightly low iron (not thay they could ever really tell). But just a few days on iron and my feet haven't gone numb at all! It's something to try that is way more manageable than MRIs and spinal taps.

Good luck to you!
Lauralie

Return to General Discussion