12 lesions and neuro symptoms and neuro wants to do nothing.

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
reikichan2002

12 lesions and neuro symptoms and neuro wants to do nothing.

Post by reikichan2002 »

HI All,
I am new to this group and very glad to find y'all! I hope I am posting in the right place.
In a nutshell...I have 2 connective tissue disorders (for 15 years now) and in the last 3 years have had multiple new neuro symptoms along with my connective tissue symptoms (lots of joint pain) and an abnormal MRI (12 lesions...nothing active apparently). All symptoms clear up with prednisone each time. Recently a pesky tremor has been plaguing me and I went to the neuro for the second time. He has no intention of moving forward or doing anything towards finding a diagnosis, and basically acted like I was wasting his time (looking at his watch and telling me he had another appt). I was made to feel as if I was faking and that it was nothing to worry about.

I am not sure what to do next except find another neurologist.

Am I over reacting?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reiki
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: 12 lesions and neuro symptoms and neuro wants to do noth

Post by NHE »

reikichan2002 wrote:I am not sure what to do next except find another neurologist.
That sounds like a good idea. I can't imagine how one fakes lesions on an MRI. Before you burn the bridge with this neuro, get physical copies of all of your medical records to take to the next doctor.

NHE
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

I agree totally with NHE....do yourself a favor and get rid of this neuro. You really don't want someone who looks at their watch as opposed to looking after their patient.

Harry
Grumpster
Family Elder

Post by Grumpster »

Run Run Run away from that neuro. They are required to give you copies of your medical records so no need to stress about that.

Best of luck to you. Dont be a stranger
milesap
Family Elder

Post by milesap »

reikichan2002

Post by reikichan2002 »

Thanks everyone! I am glad I found this community. I could use the support...I have no one to talk to about this who will understand. I actually called the Mayo Clinic and put n for an appointment. I may end up on a waiting list, but that's okay.

@Milesap...Thanks for the article. I had read that earlier, and as a nurse and medical writer, I found this really interesting. Besides the CP bacteria being a possible cause, I have often wondered if MS and/or my other issues (relapsing polychindritis and Sjoegren's) were caused by infection (I had Lyme disease a few months before all of this started 20 years ago). I wonder how hard/easy it is to find a doc who will treat you with antibiotics, or at least Minocyclin if not a cocktail of antibiotics?

:peace: