MS & winning Social Security Disability?? Court on Nov.

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS & winning Social Security Disability?? Court on Nov.

Postby Melms » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:18 am

Looking for advice. I have a court date finally end of November. Finally! I started this process April 2011. I was denied twice and then filed for a request for hearing. Has anyone been through this nightmare out there? I'm truly unable to work and need this financial assistance.

Advice would be greatly appreciated. :-D
Melms

Advertisement

Re: MS & winning Social Security Disability?? Court on Nov.

Postby merlin26 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:55 am

Melms wrote:Looking for advice. I have a court date finally end of November. Finally! I started this process April 2011. I was denied twice and then filed for a request for hearing. Has anyone been through this nightmare out there? I'm truly unable to work and need this financial assistance.

Advice would be greatly appreciated. :-D

Hey Mel, I started my process for disability at the age of 25. Just like you I was denied twice and finally approved during the court date. In my case it took two years but after I won in court I received all my back pay dating from the time I first applied. The majority of people are always denied twice during the written portion and finally approved during court. I wouldn't worry about it because I truly believe like myself and many others you will be approved once you have your day in court.
merlin26
Family Member

Re: MS & winning Social Security Disability?? Court on Nov.

Postby milesap » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:19 pm

I was approved in 60 days. I was told it was approved quickly because I went each of my doctors and hand carried the forms they needed to fill out and picked up the reports then submitted the paperwork including the reports to ss.
milesap
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion