From friend to Boyfriend-dating guy with MS

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
stillnewatthis

From friend to Boyfriend-dating guy with MS

Post by stillnewatthis »

things are resolved. thank you everyone who repsonded :)
Last edited by stillnewatthis on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stillnewatthis

Re: From friend to Boyfriend-dating guy with MS

Post by stillnewatthis »

Last edited by stillnewatthis on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

From someone who has been around MS for almost 50 years (uncle and wife) and reading your short story, I would suggest you do yourself a big favor and move on with your life in another direction.

Harry
stillnewatthis

Post by stillnewatthis »

but why?? is there something i'm doing wrong? i don't want to feel like i am giving up if it can be fixed....
sophie447
Family Member

Post by sophie447 »

Well... I just have a few minutes.

But I can tell you this, what makes you think that if he is not able to be nice as you are fairly new to each other, that things are going to get better.

People usually let you know very clearly who they are, how they see things, how important you are to them, etc. fairly early on in any type of relationship. When you see red flags ALL OVER, please, do youself a favor, RUN as fas as you can.

Once a jerk, forever a jerk. And no, MS or whatever else, gives permission to behave like a jack$%?&.

Advice is free to give and free to take. I will say no more.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

stillnewatthis wrote:but why?? is there something i'm doing wrong? i don't want to feel like i am giving up if it can be fixed....
I don't think it is anything that you are doing wrong but as another poster stated, the frustrating actions of your friend are causing many problems for you. Yes, you are very fond of him but trying to fix these problems so early in a relationship isn't going to be easy or even possible. And I won't even address the possible MS added problems that can occur. Thus, as difficult as it will be, our opinions for you to move on.

Harry
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

this guy sounds like he has a lot to work out about himself before trying relationships, regardless of ms. i agree with the others - move on! i know what it's like to let a relationship drag on too long. be good to yourself!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “General Discussion”