UV-B therapy

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: UV-B therapy

Post by jimmylegs »

maybe try four mags a day for a week, see if that makes a dent. could be a telling experiment in the absence of a test.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

I'm always up for an experiment that will "first do no harm." My philosophy is "What do I have to lose?"

I'll start tomorrow.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

yay :) hope it helps!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

JL – I have been following the expanded (4 capsules) magnesium experiment faithfully for 10 days; I have seen no appreciable improvement in my muscle spasms. I see no benefit for the increased cost; I will return to my previous schedule of 400 mg twice per day. It was worth a try. I will keep looking for something to improve muscle spasms.
trisca
Family Member

Post by trisca »

My muscle spasms have improved dramatically since the middle of November. I've been having regular sports massages (at the start once/week and now 1/every other week.) I've been taking magnesium but probably not very much. I've had a couple of restorative yoga classes and have occasionally 'legs up the wall' when my legs get really sore. Also, the yoga teacher has had me standing up and 'rubbing' my feet on things like tennis balls, as she says this can contribute to released the muscles at the back of the legs. And I've been taking various muscle relaxants, no more than one per day now but more at the start.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Thank you, trisca, for sharing your experience. I will start trying some of the things that seem to have worked for you.
trisca
Family Member

Post by trisca »

Legs up the wall is when you lie with your bottom as close to the wall as you can get and put your legs straight up it. It's awkward to get into. Then you lay there for 15 or so minutes. Ideally with an eye bag on but I do it watching tv. At first when I was doing this my legs were very 'jumpy' but now it's much better.
trisca
Family Member

Post by trisca »

Here is a webpage on it. I don't use the cushion under my hips because my back isn't arched. I do use one under my head for comfort.

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/690
trisca
Family Member

Post by trisca »

Oh yeah, I've also been 'touching my toes' a lot. I bend down and touch them and then 'walk' my hands around to the left and then to the right (as far as I can, this was very very painful at first but is much improved now.) Make sure to suck you tummy in when doing it.
cervocuit
Family Elder

Post by cervocuit »

A new study from Buffalo.
Take sun, not vitamin D.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23385850