Starting Clonidine tomorrow...

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Starting Clonidine tomorrow...

Postby Anonymoose » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:24 pm

In the spirit of full disclosure, I must say my neurologist didn't seem that intrigued by my hpa-axis dyregulation theory. So, no expert feedback on that. He was happier about prescribing Clonidine than Eplerenone as it has fewer side effects. He says "the neat thing about Clonidine is that if you don't have high blood pressure, it doesn't affect your blood pressure." He took my bp and it was normal. So, I start on a weekly .1 mg Clonidine patch tomorrow and go back in 3 months to recheck levels to see if an adjustment is needed.

Jimmylegs, he was all over our little "bet." He gave me the requisite tests (b12, magnesium, zinc, and d) and encouraged me to cheat to win. LOL I was appalled!
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: Starting Clonidine tomorrow...

Postby jimmylegs » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:48 pm

haha great to hear you got the tests. also glad to hear the neuro knows what you're up against ;)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Anonymoose » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Oh. I've so got this bet in the bag. I've had the patch on for 10 minutes, haven't eaten anything, it's cloudy and snowing and yet I can already feel my vitamin D levels going up. lol Attitude is half the battle...maybe that's why your little supplements work. :P
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:22 am

HA i think you're talking about the placebo effect. meanwhile i have cold hard lab results, how's that for a chewable little supplement ;D
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to General Discussion