Nabilone for Nerve Pain ?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
lovebug
Family Elder

Nabilone for Nerve Pain ?

Post by lovebug »

Has anybody tried Nabilone for Nerve Pain? A neurologist here in Calgary has conducted a study of this drug on diabetic patients with Peripheral Neuropathy with success. If so what dosage were you taking? Thanks folks.
lovebug
Family Elder

Re: Nabilone (Cesamet) for Nerve Pain ?

Post by lovebug »

Maybe people are more familiar with the name Cesamet instead of Nabilone. Anybody tried this yet?
Joanjett

Re: Nabilone for Nerve Pain ?

Post by Joanjett »

Hi

I've just been prescribed Nabilone for Nerve Pain. My prescription says 1-2 tablets up to 3 xs per day. I found that 3/day were a little too much as was 2 at a time. I think I was high last week, I slept a lot after sitting down at night. LOL

The last two days I've taken one in the morning and one later in the day and that seems to work ok. I'm trying to monitor my pain but its hard when you are used to being in chronic pain at different spots on the body. I wanted this for the constant sciatic pain I've been having and it seems to work. I just don't like that "high" lightheaded feeling that I have experienced.

I've been trying to find out more about it and how it works. I'm wondering if after a few doses this drug stays in your body ? I'm curious to hear how it affects others and if it works for them.
poppypun

Re: Nabilone for Nerve Pain ?

Post by poppypun »

Hi Joanjett
I have not tried it, but am curious how much you paid for your prescription and what country you bought it in.