USA vs Canada

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
crevette

USA vs Canada

Post by crevette »

Hi,
I'm moving from Quebec, Canada to San Francisco, California and it stess me out a little bit, find a doctor, a neurologist to prescrieb me Rebif 44 I thinkmy company will be<<kaiser>>, what would you think? My company told me I would be the best option for the disease...Would it be easy to have my first appointment? and will he Re-Prescrib me Rebiff 44mcg right away?
ASK question AND point things at me that I did no think of PLEASE :geek:
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: USA vs Canada

Post by NHE »

I think that just about any MD should be able to write you a prescription for Rebif. When I moved 10 years ago, I had a doctor at the local county health clinic fill my prescription for Avonex and do my blood tests to check liver function. Then, after you get settled, you can work on finding a compatible neurologist. If you like your current neurologist, then you could start with asking them if they have any recommendations.
crevette

Post by crevette »

Thanks what do you think about kaiser? I have 2 more choices.

My neuro in Quebec is not able to tell me a specific doctor cause there is alot in San Francisco area AND the system is very different than us...
But he will write me a letter, in english, to give my new neuro and he also gave me all my MRI since I ve got MS and I have my short form of my medical record but it is in french...
I can traduct but...

:oops: :roll:
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

are you giving up your Quebec healthcard? if not, do you have the option to return to Quebec for the neuro stuff? it sounds like you have a great one in Quebec - a shame to lose him.
crevette

Post by crevette »

Yes I'm giving up my Quebec card I'm going to leave in USA for at least 2 years for my Hubby job BUT I ask my neuro if he still want to be my neuro if I came bake, he said yes of course :) I just have to came back with my medical record. :razz: :wink:
He even told me what should be my next med...
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

crevette wrote:Yes I'm giving up my Quebec card I'm going to leave in USA for at least 2 years for my Hubby job BUT I ask my neuro if he still want to be my neuro if I came bake, he said yes of course :) I just have to came back with my medical record. :razz: :wink:
i would not give up your Quebec healthcard even if you do go for 2 years.

my wife only sees her neuro once a year - i would travel back from San Fran to Quebec if it was only once a year.
crevette

Post by crevette »

DougL wrote:
crevette wrote:Yes I'm giving up my Quebec card I'm going to leave in USA for at least 2 years for my Hubby job BUT I ask my neuro if he still want to be my neuro if I came bake, he said yes of course :) I just have to came back with my medical record. :razz: :wink:
i would not give up your Quebec healthcard even if you do go for 2 years.

my wife only sees her neuro once a year - i would travel back from San Fran to Quebec if it was only once a year.

I would do that but my neuro can't prescrieb my drugs in USA ... :?:
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

crevette wrote:I would do that but my neuro can't prescrieb my drugs in USA ... :?:
you will need to find a general doc in the USA for everyday health issues and they should be able to prescribe any drugs you need.

a good letter from your neuro and you should have no problems finding a doc to write MS prescriptions for you.

good luck with your upcoming travels to the US.
crevette

Post by crevette »

DougL wrote:
crevette wrote:I would do that but my neuro can't prescrieb my drugs in USA ... :?:
you will need to find a general doc in the USA for everyday health issues and they should be able to prescribe any drugs you need.

a good letter from your neuro and you should have no problems finding a doc to write MS prescriptions for you.

good luck with your upcoming travels to the US.
I'm not sure that legally okay, I think Quebec Will anyway turn me out after 6 months, but i'll Check that option...
crevette

Post by crevette »

Finally I think I'll go with Blue Shield California, more choices you should have tell me...

Return to “General Discussion”