echinacea for ms!?!

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Jimmy, I understand your post, but to be clear to all the readers out there--

As you know, we don't provide medical advice on this site, and no one here is qualified to do so, nor claims to be.

The home page article talks about research that suggests raising the natural killer cells *in this particular trial* has been good, but there are potentially many complicating factors that we don't know about.

In other words, please make your medical decisions with the consent of your doctor, or you are potentially placing your health at risk. A very large part of the medical community would strongly advise against MS'ers boosting their immune system.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
oreo
Family Elder

Post by oreo »

I have read that taking the stuff is a big NO-NO if you are taking any of the CRABs. Echinacea and the CRABs work in opposing directions. None of us needs a bigger war going on in our bodies than the one we already have.
Carpe Diem
Brownsfan
Family Member

Post by Brownsfan »

oreo wrote:I have read that taking the stuff is a big NO-NO if you are taking any of the CRABs. Echinacea and the CRABs work in opposing directions.
Actually, according to Teva Pharmaceuticals, Copaxone does not suppress the immune system. Maybe echinacea and RABs work in opposing directions but glatiramer isn't an interferon.

Return to “General Discussion”