Hello! I've a question please...thanks inadvance :)

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Solitude
Getting to Know You...

Hello! I've a question please...thanks inadvance :)

Post by Solitude »

Hello everybody!

In reality I've22 years old and I've multiple sclérosis...

It wasn't as painfull as now, In the first time I knew that...I..was..18..yers..old

I was thin and have good sharp...

But...

with..the..drug I'm using to take"Rebif44mg" , I've gained too much weight :cry:

My..psicological...life...have..been..destroyed!!!

..............please....help!!!.........................
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Hello! I've a question please...thanks inadvance :)

Post by jimmylegs »

hi solitude! sorry to hear you're feeling bad.

what are your symptoms, specifically?

do you do anything besides rebif to help with your illness?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Solitude
Getting to Know You...

Post by Solitude »

No I don't ,I don't have support even I accepted my situation dear jimmylegs and also I'm trying to reduce my anxity with rebif ...Many thanks for your care :sad:
Solitude
Getting to Know You...

Post by Solitude »

Well!I've to say thanks for giving as a part of your precious time, and so I wish you understand me.My story began when I was preparing for my high school final exam ,I've been so tired to pass the year,I've gotten an acceptable mark .In that time I've lost my balance in walking and even seeing everything in double ,but this happened progrissively ,and for the moment I'm suffering in the psicological case.I can't trust to people cause I'm feeling alone ,that's why I wish your help!thanks..in..advance
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

ok can you tell me anything about your usual kinds of food and drink? ms patients often have problems with nutrients.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Solitude
Getting to Know You...

Post by Solitude »

Yes of course I've too much problems cause I didn't have a plan ,I used to reduce my eating and that's all in order to lose weight.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

ok maybe just tell me about the food and drinks you had over the last three days?
Solitude
Getting to Know You...

Post by Solitude »

Well!
Last 3days I used to reduce my eating habit,but it wasn't good idea cause I was disturbed and feeling hungry and going into the food places withot stoping to...forget problems...

I used to eat breads sweets yesterday,besides the meals to fill gapes in my life....to...forget...my..pain...
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

cravings strongly suggest nutrient deficiencies.

can you visit any doctor near you, to get some nutrient blood tests done?

if not, can you buy some specific nutrient supplements?
Solitude
Getting to Know You...

Post by Solitude »

ok!thanks..to..much...really..you're...gentle!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

you can ask for serum zinc and serum magnesium test first. bring the results here.

you can buy zinc and magnesium online. these are very good:

http://www.iherb.com/Solaray-Zinc-Coppe ... Caps/19000

http://www.iherb.com/Kirkman-Labs-Magne ... ules/43215

send me a list of foods you eat and also what you drink. I might be able to suggest ideas to help you feel better.
Solitude
Getting to Know You...

Post by Solitude »

Good..Afternoon!

I used to eat inbreakfast milk and some cofee,for lunch either potato and meet or fish and rarly vegatables ;Beetweem these2 meal I usedto take sweets or bread.For..afternoon I used to take cakes or choclate ..Ect

For dinner:I'm tring to reduce the food take but Icouldn't ...

The problem is that I don't have a structure, wish you can help me and thanks in advance :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi, here is a sample routine:

am snack: fruit, hot drink or water

breakfast: spinach and cheese omelet (or similar) OR oatmeal w/ mixed berries, flax seeds, milk and maple syrup. hot drink or water

am snack: fruit or veggies (include plenty of celery), mixed nuts (eg walnut, almond, cashew, brazil nuts) and seeds (eg sunflower, pumpkin), caffeine-free hot drink, or water

lunch: some sort of protein (rotate among venison/grass fed beef/chicken/turkey/salmon/halibut/cod), brown rice or colourful root veg (especially sweet potato). and at least two-three times a week include a 1c serving of DARK LEAFY GREENS (rotate between kale, swiss chard or spinach). boil these greens for 3 minutes, then drain and serve with butter and salt/pepper to taste. plus caffeine-free hot drink, or water. for side veg dishes on other days you can opt for cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, string beans, peppers, mushrooms, onion, etc etc.

pm snack: fruit or veggies with dip (eg yogurt or hummous), caffeine-free hot drink, or water

supper: big mixed veg salad topped with meat or egg or cheese, and/or homemade soup. caffeine-free hot drink, or water

avoid desserts! esp if you are having trouble controlling your consumption of carbs and processed sweets.

the better you eat in the beginning of the day the easier it gets to behave in the evening :)
late night calories are the worst!

what do you think?
Solitude
Getting to Know You...

Post by Solitude »

Thanks ,probably that's helpfull realy I'll try to follow your instructions and many thanks!
Ladymac
Family Elder

Post by Ladymac »

jimmylegs wrote:hi, here is a sample routine:

am snack: fruit, hot drink or water

breakfast: spinach and cheese omelet (or similar) OR oatmeal w/ mixed berries, flax seeds, milk and maple syrup. hot drink or water

am snack: fruit or veggies (include plenty of celery), mixed nuts (eg walnut, almond, cashew, brazil nuts) and seeds (eg sunflower, pumpkin), caffeine-free hot drink, or water

lunch: some sort of protein (rotate among venison/grass fed beef/chicken/turkey/salmon/halibut/cod), brown rice or colourful root veg (especially sweet potato). and at least two-three times a week include a 1c serving of DARK LEAFY GREENS (rotate between kale, swiss chard or spinach). boil these greens for 3 minutes, then drain and serve with butter and salt/pepper to taste. plus caffeine-free hot drink, or water. for side veg dishes on other days you can opt for cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, string beans, peppers, mushrooms, onion, etc etc.

pm snack: fruit or veggies with dip (eg yogurt or hummous), caffeine-free hot drink, or water

supper: big mixed veg salad topped with meat or egg or cheese, and/or homemade soup. caffeine-free hot drink, or water

avoid desserts! esp if you are having trouble controlling your consumption of carbs and processed sweets.

the better you eat in the beginning of the day the easier it gets to behave in the evening :)
late night calories are the worst!

what do you think?

This sounds like a great diet. I was wondering, is there a "total" amount of calories a day, or does it not matter?
Blessings,

Ladymac
RRMS diagnosed 2006
Tecfidera Started April 2013
:)