Anyone have experience with acupuncture?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
plethora
Getting to Know You...

Anyone have experience with acupuncture?

Post by plethora »

My holistic Doctor recommended acupuncture for numbness\tingling in my legs. Does anyone have experience with this, and did it help? Thanks!
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: Anyone have experience with acupuncture?

Post by HarryZ »

plethora wrote:My holistic Doctor recommended acupuncture for numbness\tingling in my legs. Does anyone have experience with this, and did it help? Thanks!
Acupuncture can be helpful for MS symptoms but you really have to insure the therapist doing it has had experience in treating MS patients. Otherwise you can get some very unsatisfactory results.

Several years ago, my wife (has since passed away) had a lot of problems with leg spasms and associated pain and she received acupuncture. It provided a lot of relief at the time and the therapist was well versed in treating MS patients. But he insisted that she not only receive just the acupuncture but be involved in an entire program which stressed diet and the proper exercise. And he was right!

Harry
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

not for ms, for physio due to injury. esp w. my one back injury a couple years ago I definitely noticed the effect of acupuncture. I had been skeptical, but results are results. however re my more recent knee injury, I couldn't say for sure if it helped. not the most useful feedback in the world, but there it is.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
plethora
Getting to Know You...

Post by plethora »

Thanks for your replies. I too am generally skeptical of things like this, but it seems some get good results. Maybe I will give it a shot. Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”