couple o things

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
msmything
Family Elder

couple o things

Post by msmything »

I haven't been on here in a while, I would like some advice though. I have been working at a local hospital for the past 8 months or so, then as part of a 'reorganization', I no longer have a position, along with some others.
One day my boss walked up behind me and said with hand on hip 'why didn't you tell us you had MS before you let us hire you'. WOW. She proceeded to treat me with extra cruelty, just plain mean, it was hard to come in to work.
I don't want a big nasty lawsuit, but I would like them to cover my COBRA for a while, until I can get somethings figured out. ALSO, I would like a free membership to their beautiful gym, so I can swim and get some strength back, which is in the toilet after working too much and too late at night.

What do you folks think?

Also, I don't see Gilenya listed in the treatments section, did I miss it?

Anyone on it? How are you doing with it, I was afraid, but now I'm ready to switch to a pill.

Thank you, you lovely community!
CaliReader
Family Elder

Re: couple o things

Post by CaliReader »

Very sorry to hear that.

That kind of comment, especially if witnessed, could help you negotiate a better termination package.

In your shoes, I would try to find a local employment attorney to help you see what rights you have under State law and under the ADA. Chicago might also have some regs to work with and your union might have given you some contractual tools to work with.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: couple o things

Post by NHE »

msmything wrote:Also, I don't see Gilenya listed in the treatments section, did I miss it?

Anyone on it? How are you doing with it, I was afraid, but now I'm ready to switch to a pill.
Here it is... http://www.thisisms.com/forum/gilenya-f43/

Return to “General Discussion”