Biogen Sponsored Talks

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Biogen Sponsored Talks

Postby NHE » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:21 pm

I'm interested in attending an MS talk sponsored by MS Active Source (Biogen). I was wondering if anyone has been to these Biogen sponsored talks and what their experience has been. For example, are they actually informative, i.e., are they willing to discuss CAM treatments and other experimental therapies, or are they just reiterating the message that can be found in the CRAB literature?

Thanks, NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Advertisement

Postby Thomas » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:42 pm

i haven't been to any of their talks, so i really don't know, but on the msactivesource website there is some mighty good information on yoga and ms. they call it the "yoga resource center", here's the link:

<shortened url>

so from this it would seem that they are willing to discuss cam and stuff.
Thomas
Family Elder

sponsored talks not always reiterations

Postby batpere » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:02 am

I'm interested in attending an MS talk sponsored by MS Active Source (Biogen). I was wondering if anyone has been to these Biogen sponsored talks and what their experience has been. For example, are they actually informative, i.e., are they willing to discuss CAM treatments and other experimental therapies, or are they just reiterating the message that can be found in the CRAB literature?

Generally the talks I have been to just reiterate the virtues of the CRAB drugs and the importance of continuing treatment, often accompanied by glossy handouts of the powerpoint slides presented. However, there is usually a question and answer session at the end where people bring up other topics, and they usually answer individual questions in person at the end (if you can stand in line long enough).

On at least one occassion though, the doctor (Frohman) thanked MS Active Source for their support and their willingness to let him bypass the lecture completely, and just opened it up to questions submitted by the audience for the whole hour or two. It was one of the best ones I have ever been to (second only to one sponsored by Teva with Dr Frohman and Clay Walker speaking), and I did appreciate Biogen's willingness to go along with it. We all had the handout to read over afterward anyway.

My wife was commenting yesterday that we haven't received any notifications or invites to these for almost a year now. Are they still being done?
batpere
Family Member

Return to General Discussion