numbness/tingling

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Loriyas
Family Elder

numbness/tingling

Post by Loriyas »

I have numbness/tingling in my left hand, leg and foot. I've had this since I was dxd in May 2002. I have been on Neurontin, which worked well to control it but caused weight gain. I was then on Topamax which thankfully caused weight loss but didn't do as well to control the numbness/tingling and made me feel a little "spacey". I am now on Cymbalta which is working well for the numbness/tingling symptom but is again causing weight gain and also making me sleep a lot. The weight gain is not just a concern for the weight itself but also causes balance issues. Does anyone have any suggestions for something else that would help? Either prescription or over-the-counter meds would be welcome suggestions.
Thanks
Lori
Shayk
Family Elder

Post by Shayk »

Hi Lori

Welcome

We recently discussed neuropathic pain on thisthread .

I think you'll find some non prescription as well as prescription ideas there. Hopefully you'll find something that works.

Sharon
Last edited by Shayk on Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: numbness/tingling

Post by HarryZ »

Lori,

My wife used to suffer a lot of tingling/numbness and burning in her feet. This got greatly reduced about 6 years ago when she started on Prokarin. You can read up on it at www.edmsllc.com. It does not work for everyone (what drug for MS does?), has virtually no side effects and has had one double-blind clinical trial done on it. Prokarin can be difficult to get a doc to prescribe it because it is so little known. (no big pharma behind it) It's a transdermal patch and painless to use.

Harry
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Thank you for the information. I appreciate your quick responses.
Lori

Return to “General Discussion”