Dental work

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Dental work

Postby want2bike » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 am

want2bike
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: Dental work

Postby CureOrBust » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:39 am

not me
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby zjac020 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:23 pm

I've wondered about this...

I had two root canals and crowns, (Using gold posts and porcelain pieces) but no mercury amalgams. Had them put in in 2003 aprox. In June last year was diagnosed with CIS. Have seen several dentists and holistic dentists but haven't really concluded anything. In fact I'm more interested in a sinus that always appears "with mucus/blocked" in all x rays...wonder if it has to do with not being able to breathe properly through the nostril on that same side.

I wish neuros kept stats on how many MSers have root canals in place. You may want to check out Dr. Weston price and his findings on root canals and health....
zjac020
Family Elder

Postby want2bike » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Dr. Price did a lot of research concerning disease as associated with root canals. Seems like they are keeping the information a secret. Lot of sick people out there who do not have the information.

http://www.whale.to/d/meinig.html

http://www.westonaprice.org/dentistry/r ... al-dangers
want2bike
Family Elder

Postby zjac020 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 pm

want2bike wrote:Dr. Price did a lot of research concerning disease as associated with root canals. Seems like they are keeping the information a secret. Lot of sick people out there who do not have the information.

http://www.whale.to/d/meinig.html

http://www.westonaprice.org/dentistry/r ... al-dangers

I stumbled upon this early in my own research when diagnosed with CIS almost 8 months ago. I have read it time and time again wondering if my two front dental root canals and crowns could be partly to blame for the MS in my case. I often wonder how many MSers have root canals. I have had them looked at and no infection found, and only a holistic dentist was the one that recommended removing the teeth and placing implants. Unfortunately they are front teeth. The upper incisor would need an expensive implant using zirconia (this dentist doesn't uses metals so titanium is out of the question) and other dentists have warned that zirconia is not as good as it is marketed to be (they Can have more problems "installation" wise, not so much health wise. The lower incisor, being such a small tooth can't use implants so I think they would have to use a bridge. All of this at 33yrs old is difficult to take on board, as is a diagnoses in MS in general.

It really is a pity doctors don't record how many of their MS patients have root canals. I personally think that it may be the cause of MS in some, in others it will be CCSVI/circulation, in others poor nutrition, etc. each medical speciality is looking to claim the silver bullet...and I think in the end there will be several.

P.s. What makes me more suspicious about the dental factor in my case is that for years (I've had the root canals in for ten years now) I had nightmares where I would break the tooth on purposes, by pushing the lower jaw out against the upper eventually breaking the upper crown. Some were very scary and I can't help wonder if my body was trying to tell me something subconsciously. Another coincidence is that I have approx 6-7small lesions on the right hand side of the brain (same side as my upper cervical root canal) and only 1-2 on the left side (same side as the front lower tooth that has the root canal)...
zjac020
Family Elder

Postby want2bike » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:30 pm

The article suggest 90% of the population with disease have root canals. This is a sensitive subject since the majority of people with disease have root canals. It is hard to give up your teeth but if you get sick enough it is something to consider. I had my bad teeth removed and do not regret it. My health was more important than my teeth.

http://terfinfo.com/Files/Root%20Canal% ... ease_2.pdf
want2bike
Family Elder

Postby zjac020 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:55 am

Unfortunately not much is said about the ideal solution or alternatuve. E.g. are titanium implants safe?
zjac020
Family Elder

Postby DrGeoff » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:29 am

One thing that I can say for certain is that neither root canal work, or mercury amalgam fillings are THE cause of MS. They may be A cause, but not THE cause.

Why am I so certain? Simple, I have never had either work done.

When you are of a certain age, the first choice is simple - no mercury amalgam, or no fillings. If you take the "no mercury route", there may come a time when the only indicated treatment is extraction. Once you get to the extraction stage, then the logical step is to have the lot out (= no more trouble).

So: no teeth for 35 years, and MS for 6+. What has to be worth investigating is whether failure to have dental work carried out can lead to other medical problems.

Geoff
DrGeoff
Family Elder

Postby want2bike » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:53 am

The cause of MS or any of these diseases is the result of getting too many toxins in the body. Root canals and mercury fillings are one source of toxins. When some people have these removed they get better. These are not the only source of toxins we are exposed to. We start out young and healthy and through our life we put things like vaccines, drugs, GMO food, sick animals, fluoride, pesticides, insecticides, process foods and a various assortment of chemicals in our bodies. Once we get two much of these things in our bodies we get sick. It is up to each of us to identify what toxins we are exposed to and stop putting them in our bodies. Once we have the toxins in our bodies we have to get them out. This can be done by eating fruits and vegetables which have the vitamins and minerals your body needs to eliminate toxins. If you want to get well get the information and do something with it. I keep asking myself how anyone can believe the ADA when they tell us that mercury is a poison before it goes in the mouth and after it come out of the mouth but as long as it is in the mouth it is safe. Who would ever believe stupid science like that? The FDA tells us a known poison fluoride is good for our teeth so they dump it in our water. You read the back of your toothpaste and they tell you it is a poison. These doctors along with the drug companies are a leading cause of death in our country. All these toxins are given to us by the FDA, AMA, ADA and an assortment of government agencies. If you want to stay sick follow their advise. It is not genetics or some evil spirit giving us disease. Disease is caused by the things we do to our bodies. When you stop doing bad things to the body you can get better.
want2bike
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion