Fatigue and Lead Legs

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Fatigue and Lead Legs

Postby skywarrior » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Hello

I'd like to know what everyone does for their treatment of Fatigue associated with MS? My other question is how do you deal with your legs feeling like lead?

Thanks for your time
skywarrior

Advertisement

Re: Fatigue and Lead Legs

Postby jimmylegs » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:22 am

heya :) for me it has been a VERY long time since I had the lead legs. so far I have just worked hard to correct all my nutritional bad habits, with a special focus on nutrients that would be low in ms patients (these are documented in research, but not well applied in mainstream health care).
for me, this approach has had excellent effects but not 100% reversal of all my issues (still have some ongoing numbness in hands and feet for example)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby leonardo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:46 pm

try ALC (acetyl L carnitine, not L-Carnitine!) + optionally ALA (alpha lipoic acid) + optionally Q10

ALC is proven to work by study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24321164
leonardo
Family Member

Postby NHE » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:51 pm

leonardo wrote:try ALC (acetyl L carnitine, not L-Carnitine!) + optionally ALA (alpha lipoic acid) + optionally Q10

ALC is proven to work by study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24321164

From the abstract...
No or only a trend of improvement was seen in patients treated with modafinil or ALCAR, respectively.

Stating that there was a trend for improvement means that their data data did not reach statistical significance. That's far from "proven."
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Postby questor » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:12 am

Depends on what you mean by fatigue. Some describe this as an overwhelming need to sleep or inability to feel fully awake. Provigil or amantadine are drugs typically prescribed for this.

I experience physical fatigue as very poor physical stamina, which becomes physically very uncomfortable as the day progresses, like I have just been hit by a truck after running a marathon (I wish I could still run a marathon). The best thing I have found for this is a small handful of aspirin, which helps decrease the discomfort, but I do this a seldom as possible because of GI concerns.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22979982
questor
Family Elder

Postby Scott1 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Have a look at the post I put in the regimens section. Start at the part headed Peroxynitrite and read from there. I know what it's like and I was able to overcome the fatigue by following the steps I note at the end.

Regards
Scott1
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion