Looking for answers- what killed my friend?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Punchy
Family Elder

Looking for answers- what killed my friend?

Post by Punchy »

A dear friend of my mother's passed away last year from 'complications of MS'.

I was diagnosed in 2006 and she was a great comfort and mentor to me. We lost touch in recent years however, and unfortunately she passed away at just 68 years-old.

I am trying to understand what happened. Unfortunately, her friends and family do not seem to be knowledgeable about her condition and treatments. She had progressive MS, diagnosed in the late 1980's. Her disease began much like mine, with infrequent relapses of the sensory nature. Then when she entered her 40's, she began to lose motor control of her legs, and in later years her arms and torso. I know that 3-4 years prior to her passing she underwent several months of radiation treatment, bringing her immune system down to zero. Her heart became weak and she had to exit the study.

Two years prior to her passing she traveled to Costa Rica and underwent the Liberation Treatment. I know very little except that recovery was difficult and she saw no positive results. In the two years following, she caught several infections, the last of which her weakened heart could not keep up with, and she passed away in hospital. From what I know, she had no other major health problems.

Of course I don't have many details so one can only speculate. What was this radiation treatment? I believe it ultimately led to her death, and wish I knew what it was.

Thank you
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Looking for answers- what killed my friend?

Post by jimmylegs »

hi punchy sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. did she also live in to?
I'm afraid I don't know what the radiation treatment might have been - I don't know much about ccsvi and even less about more mainstream treatments.
I searched google for radiation therapy multiple sclerosis and the first couple results are relatively recent, with mixed findings.
sorry I can't be more helpful - as you say, without more info it's all speculation :S
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

Unfortunately your friend followed the advice of the medical community. Radiation kills things. There are only three approved therapies for cancer. Surgery, radiation and chemo and none of them work. She most likely destroyed her immune system with the medical treatment she was given. People with disease are afraid and willing to try anything but it is important we have the right information. Many years ago Hippocrates, the father of western medicine, told us "Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food". Nothing has changed and our health is still related to what we put in our bodies. Our bodies are not made healthy by radiation and drugs. The radiation and drugs destroy our immune system (the doctor from within us). Sorry for your friend but hopefully you have learned from it. Here is a video explaining our health care system.

centenarian100
Family Elder

Post by centenarian100 »

Sorry to hear about your loss Punchy. I don't think we can help you without knowing more details. Whole body radiation can certainly suppress the immune system and increase the risk of infection

-C
centenarian100
Family Elder

Post by centenarian100 »

want2bike wrote:There are only three approved therapies for cancer. Surgery, radiation and chemo and none of them work.
So traditional allopathic treatments don't work for cancers with very high cure rates like promyelocytic leukemia and testicular seminoma?

Return to “General Discussion”