nutrition info. any value? please post your input!

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Re: nutrition info. any value? please post your input!

Postby jimmylegs » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:17 am

scientist! :roll: lol :wink:
I reversed it b/c I didn't think it would make sense to ppl if I set it up as hypothesis: education doesn't change behavior and null hypothesis: it does. probably should have just left that language out of it altogether!
my prof said 'education doesn't change behavior'.. (great news, kids!!)
my approach: no meds so far - just nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory whole foods, and supplements where needed
info: www.whfoods.com, www.nutritiondata.com
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Advertisement

Postby NHE » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:12 am

jimmylegs wrote:my prof said 'education doesn't change behavior'.. (great news, kids!!)

Sometimes, addiction, which operates at a more primal level than reason, gets in the way.

For example, intellectually, most smokers know that their lungs are going to wind up looking like those pictured below on the right. However, that doesn't stop very many of them from smoking.

PS - If this bit of education changes anyone's behavior, then more power to you!
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Postby jimmylegs » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:23 am

i'll take on the nutritional dynamics of addiction any time! at the same time, I don't think that one example is necessarily applicable across the board re education for behaviour change.
my approach: no meds so far - just nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory whole foods, and supplements where needed
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby jimmylegs » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:49 pm

1. did you receive basic nutrition info growing up?
2. would you have said that your nutrition status was fine prior to dx?
3. did you consider your diet to be basically healthy prior to dx?
4. i) had you had nutrient testing before dx? ii) if yes, were the results normal? iii) if yes, were you satisfied with that answer?

5. have you experienced a learning curve related to nutrition since dx?
6. have you changed your nutrition (dietary, testing, supplement) habits since dx?
7. if yes, would you say that decision to change was connected to a post-dx learning curve?
8. i) have you had nutrient testing since dx? ii) if yes, were the results simply the word 'normal'? iii) if yes, were you or would you be satisfied with that answer?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussion