Using Crowdfunding to Raise Money for MS Clinical Trial

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: Using Crowdfunding to Raise Money for MS Clinical Trial

Post by HarryZ »

want2bike wrote:You are right Harry. There are two sides to the argument. The FDA side and the real science side. G. Edward is an author who has accumulate the facts on laetrile and you choose not to believe him. If you want to continue to believe the FDA that is your choice.

Hey Wanna...the problem is the "real science" side that you speak about is not proven and Edward and the other people you quote can't prove something without scientific evidence gained from scienftific trials and studies. They don't subject their theories to peer revue and intensive questioning. If Edward wanted to prove his "facts" he would run a standard double blind study where neither the patient or researcher knew who was getting the medication. There are stringent guidelines to be followed in this kind of study and they are there to ensure the "facts" are learned and not simple anecdotal comments from anyone. The Edwards of the world stay far away from this kind of work because they know they won't be able to prove their theories.

And I'm going to make the same ridiculous comments about your "references" as you do about medicine in general...they are liars, cheats and criminals and are totally scared to subject their work to real science.
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

The only ones who can run the study which will convince the FDA are the drug companies. They are not going to spend a lot of money on something which will cure you. Why would they want to spend millions of dollars on a study which will make you well? How will they get their money back? Edward reports on the healing of real people and the science of how it works. There is no money to be made here so there will never be a double blind study which you need. That doesn't mean it we should reject the information. After the doctors have cut you up, poison you and send you home to die it is important you understand there is still a chance. There are many people alive today who understand this. My mother and sister were diagnosed with cancer and refused conventional treatment. The cancer is gone and they are still alive. They both do the apricot seeds. You only have to look at what the FDA is doing to understand they are not interested in our health. When people understand this they will become very angry with what is happen in our country.
Kronk
Family Elder

Post by Kronk »

HarryZ wrote:Hey Wanna...the problem is the "real science" side that you speak about is not proven
This is an unwinnable argument Harry. My bet is Want2Bike is an elderly individual who has decided what is fact to them and their personality is so intertwined with his/her position that to admit being wrong is to die a little bit.

What is unfortunate is that another thread has been side tracked by this individuals attention seeking. The thread is about supporting an MS trial. Not funding an evil corporate giant and really has nothing to do with the FDA as it is just a trial and not submitted for their review. I guess Wanna got exactly what they wanted, conflict, which they seem to thrive on, and another interesting thread ruined by off topic nonsense.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

want2bike wrote:My belief is that the body can heal itself if we eliminate the toxins and give it proper nutrition.
There are many cases where your belief is simply false. There is no chance of diet healing diseases such as cystic fibrosis or sickle cell anemia just to name two examples.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

This is an unwinnable argument Harry. My bet is Want2Bike is an elderly individual who has decided what is fact to them and their personality is so intertwined with his/her position that to admit being wrong is to die a bit
You are absolutely right Kronk. One gets a better response from a brick wall than what Wanna continually spews out. No use trying to use reason with him...he is incapable of that. Better to just leave him remain in his dream world!
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

NHE you are correct. Everything can't be cured by diet. It is possible to damage the genes, DNA and body beyond repair. I am reminded of back in the 60's when the FDA approved a drug called Thalidomide for pregnant woman. After testing the drug with their science they decided it was safe. Now these jokers are telling women the flu shot is safe for their baby. Think the article suggest that Thalidomide is OK as long as your not pregnant. Would you take it? Maybe these birth defects and problems with genes are a result of the poison we have put in our body's. The MD's tell us diet is of no use and we can only use drugs. When I was sick and had high blood pressure my PCP put me on blood pressure medicine. I ask him how long I would be on it. He said the rest of my life. It was a lie. I haven't taken the blood pressure medicine in over 5 years and my blood pressure is normal. He told me my illness was old age and I would have to learn to live with it but that was a lie. I spent most of my life listening to the lie of the MD's. It is sad to wake up one day and realized you have been lied to by the people who were there to protect you from disease. I think everyone should be aware there is another way to treat disease and some people get their health back if they haven't destroyed their bodies beyond repair. Fortunately there are good people in this world like Dr. Wahls, Roger McDougall, Dr. Swank, Dr. Bergman, and many others who are interested in telling us how to get our health back. They tell us it is not about the drugs. It is about our life style which includes our diet. None of them believe in the drugs. We all have a choice on who to believe. If you believe the FDA science that dumping fluoride in our water, GMO's in our food and shooting chemicals in our bodies is a healthy thing then you should do it. If you are getting better that is great. If you are not getting better there is another way if you haven't destroyed your body beyond repair. Is it so wrong to believe there is hope for everyone to get their health back?

http://www.mcrh.org/Birth-Defects/179921.htm
Kronk
Family Elder

Post by Kronk »

want2bike wrote: Is it so wrong to believe there is hope for everyone to get their health back?
There is nothing wrong with hope, in fact it’s probably why we are all on a website dedicated to sharing and investigating causes and cures for MS. The issue is you brand everyone who does not agree with your opinions and “cures” as criminals, jokers, and downright evil. You are not selling hope, you are making threats. Drop all meds and eat right or you will damage your DNA and die a painful death while your doctors laugh at you. It’s ridiculous, vindictive, and false, especially coming from someone who does not have MS or any education to back up your claims.

Once again I agree that diet is a critical piece to several illnesses. But to say it is the only way to health is extremely short sighted.

Now how about you let this thread go back to its intended purpose of educating people on a publicly funded trial instead of debating your sanity.
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

Well they have now exceeded their financial target.

Hooray! :-D