Dehydrated & getting worse though drinking 1> gallon a day

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Re: Dehydrated & getting worse though drinking 1> gallon a

Postby THX1138 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:02 pm

I started mixing in the Salt for Life with my water last night. I noticed what I believed to be good results from the very first glass, though I'm leery about getting too excited yet. Overall, what I've noticed so far is that drinking the salted water just seems to be more hydrating - like my body was actually getting the water, instead of me just dumping water down my throat. For example my eyes normally feel dry just about all the time. But now, they've had a slight bit of watering two or three times in the last 24 hours; this is definitely different for me. Also, I haven't become as dried out from eating as before.
What I did was mix one quarter teaspoon of the salt per pint of water, approximately. The water I mixed the salt with was my magnesium water mix which has about 400 mg of Natural Calm per gallon of water.

Things look positive to me, but I will experiment with this salting of the water and make more observations.
THX1138
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby THX1138 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:19 pm

I have been mixing 1 teaspoon of Salt for Life with my magnesium water mix which has about 400 mg of Natural Calm per gallon of water since my last post on Wed Oct 18, 2017 .

It does seem to be more hydrating than plain, filtered tap water. My eyes have started having a few tear drops a number of times a day mainly when when I squeeze them tightly closed. Regarding feeling thirsty, I almost never feel thirsty anyway.
THX1138
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:26 pm

hi i was looking something up and came across this

Latent Tetany And Anxiety, Marginal Magnesium Deficit, And Normocalcemia
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/16df/8 ... 9a4c0a.pdf

although i know a lot of our recent mag chats occurred in hijack format on newb's topic, thought i would add this bit here instead.
not sure whether we've touched renal wasting much in recent yrs but certainly could be applicable in your case - and the study mentions relevant tests (of the era) to confirm
odd sx? no dx? check w/ dietitian
DRI=MINIMUM eg bit.ly/1vgQclQ
99% don't meet these. meds/lifestyle can affect levels
status can be low in ms & other cond'ns
'but my results are normal'. typical panels don't test all
deficits occur in 'normal' range
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby THX1138 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:17 pm

Thanks.

I'm not quite sure where to go with this information, my general sense of what to do is to take more magnesium :!: :?:
THX1138
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:57 am

there were some tests mentioned in there that could help determine, if memory serves, if there might be a hormonal element to your recalcitrant low mag status
odd sx? no dx? check w/ dietitian
DRI=MINIMUM eg bit.ly/1vgQclQ
99% don't meet these. meds/lifestyle can affect levels
status can be low in ms & other cond'ns
'but my results are normal'. typical panels don't test all
deficits occur in 'normal' range
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussion