Freedom to information

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
want2bike
Family Elder

Freedom to information

Post by want2bike »

In the USA this video (Cancer- The Forbidden Cures) is not available. Could someone tell me if it is still available overseas. I would like to know if the information is being withheld everywhere in the world or just the USA. Do not think the FDA wants us to have access to information.

ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Freedom to information

Post by ElliotB »

Try this:

The statistics presented in this trailer are amazing:

want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

Thank you. It is good to know there is still access to the information in spite of my government trying to censor this information in my country. Not sure how the site can get away with showing the video in the USA?
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

want2bike wrote:Thank you. It is good to know there is still access to the information in spite of my government trying to censor this information in my country. Not sure how the site can get away with showing the video in the USA?
I'm sure Wanna that with you leading the charge, cancer will be cured within the next couple of weeks. I can hardly wait! And then you will lead us to a cure for MS shortly after. The world will be a healthier place.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

The video is available in France. It was written and directed by Massimo Mazzucco and posted through http://www.luogocommune.net which has other videos of interest to American viewers. I don't know why HarryZ is so critical of want2bike. I might revise bike's critique of the FDA etc by saying the problem lies not so much with the "government" as in the powerful vested interests which have taken control of the regulatory agencies. Big "free market" ha Corporations ARE the "government". Let's look at a good example. Aspartame. FDA scientists refused to approve it since animal studies revealed it caused cancer. Donald "let's destroy Iraq to make a buck" Rumsfeld was CEO of Searle at the time. Days after Ronald Reagan became president in 1981 Rumsfeld appointed his guy to head the FDA who in turn rammed through approval of Aspartame. This wasn't "science" it was money, power and politics. That remains the case today. Allopaths created the AMA in large part to destroy Homeopathy in the US. Homeopathy works very well and is non toxic. Sometimes Allopathic medicine is preferable but the reason for the AMA's dominance has little to do with "science". It's almost "funny" to see a Doctor puffing away on a cigarette to denounce Max Gerson's critique of cigarettes when Philip Morris was the major advertiser for the AMA. By the way, my site MS Cure Enigmas is subject to a very subtle censorship, but it's not by the federal government, it's in order not to offend the drug companies (money, advertisement !) Americans are the big suckers for MS drugs. As for Cancer, that's obviously a difficult subject, partly because the Allopaths have declared that to be their territory. Breast cancer in France is very well treated by Allopaths (chemo etc) and the prognosis for "natural" therapies not so great as far as I know. But if there is info available to the contrary, why not let it out?
Leonard
Family Elder

Post by Leonard »

there is nothing as powerful as knowledge that proliferates among the masses.
the thing which is really disruptive in our time is called the Internet.
we are living in a fascinating time never seen before in human history.

in our days many things are locked up in a grid with huge internal barriers, the system for health care is just one example.
the weight of the status quo is immense but change will happen.
the Internet and the social fora unleash entirely new forces in society, boundary-les in nature, re: the book The starfish and the spider of Brafman and Beckstrom or the book Rethinking world politics of Philip Cerny.

we all will need a much deeper and fundamental rethink of what is happening in the world and where we stand.
the boundaries of that work will reach far beyond the technicalities of the Internet or the medical sector.
inevitably, changed business contours, changed paradigms will give big new opportunities.
what will come out is what we make of it.

I tend to think of our time as a new wave of 'Enlightment'.
where it will only be future generations that will be able to fully judge on its outcome.
for us, in a narrower sense, we should be happy that we have these fora and the Internet, and exploit them to the full.
and hope that as regards MS one day soon we can blow that fog horn whistle...
Last edited by Leonard on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

I did not post this to give a cure for cancer. The video gives a history of the medical system. It does not tell us that anyone treatment is the cure but gives us the history of the various treatments which have been used. Apparently history has become a crime in my country. Reminds me of when Hitler decide to burn the books. Can't let the people have too much information. Harry is apparently a healthy person so his agenda is not for his health. Got to believe there are some on the board with connections to the FDA or AMA. The FDA and AMA are not in the business of making us healthy. It is bad for their business when we get our health back. That is the reason they suppress information like the video.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

I don't know why HarryZ is so critical of want2bike.
I guess I have little respect and tolerance for someone who has repeatedly stated that doctors are liars and want to keep us sick, all employees of the FDA are criminals and should be treated as such and that all vaccines are poison, don't work and are a conspiracy of the drug companies who make them!!

It has nothing to do with alternative opinions and I encourage that because it can lead to fruitful discussions. But when someone like Wanna continues to trash all of medicine and paint EVERYONE in it the same way....well, I will always be critical of someone who makes posts like that. He had a bad experience with one doctor and I don't blame him for his reaction to that doctor. But to blame the entire world of medicine...I'm mean, really!!
Last edited by HarryZ on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

want2bike wrote:I did not post this to give a cure for cancer. The video gives a history of the medical system. It does not tell us that anyone treatment is the cure but gives us the history of the various treatments which have been used. Apparently history has become a crime in my country. Reminds me of when Hitler decide to burn the books. Can't let the people have too much information. Harry is apparently a healthy person so his agenda is not for his health. Got to believe there are some on the board with connections to the FDA or AMA. The FDA and AMA are not in the business of making us healthy. It is bad for their business when we get our health back. That is the reason they suppress information like the video.
You likely posted this topic to again tell us how medicine is one big conspiracy in the US and that all the doctors, the FDA, CDC just want to make us sick and prevent us from being healthy. I think most readers here are getting very tired of that story line.

History a crime in the US??!! Are you serious. The US probably has the most open media in the world which is constantly being scrutinized by everyone involved in it. And using Hitler again to prove your point...I mean really, Wanna!

No, Harry is not apparently a healthy person, he IS a healthy person for his age. He's had many vaccines, recovered from colon cancer several years ago, has had many amalgam fillings and isn't on ANY kind of medication. Now according to you, because of how I have treated my health over the years, I should be dead or very close to it! I have followed standard and accepted medical practices and that goes against almost everything you have accused the medical system of trying to do for us. I am not saying that there aren't some bad doctors, less than honest drug companies and who knows what other kind of devious people in the medical system. But I don't run around accusing the FDA, AMA, DCD and everyone else you mention in medicine of being evil to all like you do.

And please, don't infer that I have connections to the FDA or any other medical organization on earth because I don't. Again, you generalize, use non scientific references to try and prove your points and appear to have an agenda to push Dr. Mercola, Dr. Bergman and anyone else smoothly trying to make money on the internet. You don't have MS and most of your topics here have nothing to do with MS. Like another poster stated, you troll internet health sites and run your agenda anywhere you can. How very sad!
Last edited by HarryZ on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kronk
Family Elder

Post by Kronk »

Leonard wrote: I tend to think of our time as a new wave of 'Enlightment'.
I like your post Leonard it has optimism, doesn't call foul or make claims.

But as much as we live in the age of information we also live in the age of MIS-Information. Any moron with a camcorder and a degree purchased from some questionable post secondary school can call foul of modern medicine and post bogus facts to gain publicity. The shear amount of mis-informatoin cannot be countered by the truly educated people. Dr. Bergman, Dr. Mercola, Dr. Blaylock are just some examples of the pathetic publicity hounds our new age has created.

I believe alternative therapies have value, but while main stream medicine is moderated and penalized for over stepping there efficacy ( recent examples include Copaxone/ Teva), alternative medicine have NO boundaries, they can claim to cure everything and anything and don't have to think twice before making a ridiculous claim. A simple "the statements made have not been verified" or "use at your own risk" resolve them of any fault. Its a joke. I simply cannot trust an industry that relies on nothing but the conscience of its corporations. Because alternative medicines are still funded by corporations or individuals for profit. To believe that they have your health as a priority over their budgets is just as false as the belief that pharmaceutical companies do. A strong common sense and nose for BS is required to navigate the age of information. Clearly some people lack that... It is very sad...
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

Excellent post, Kronk. You have said it better than anyone could have!

Harry
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Interesting film. Early in the film, the authors make the mistake of labeling naturopathy and homeopathy as the same thing. Naturopathy is the use of natural substances to treat disease while homeopathy is the misguided belief that diluting something makes it a more potent treatment. For example, some homeopathic treatments are diluted 30C. This means that they went through a series of 30 1:100 dilutions with a resultant dilution factor 1x1060. This is a surprisingly large number whose magnitude is difficult to grasp. It assures that there are no molecules of the original substance present.

By the way, the film and the discussion of it brings to memory a documentary film about Steve Jobs that I watched some time ago (it might have been One Last Thing). One segment of the film was of an interview with a friend of Jobs who had also been diagnosed with cancer. He said that Jobs told him to skip all of the alternative treatments and go straight to western medicine.

Steve Jobs' Cancer Treatment Regrets
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalto ... t-regrets/
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

Yes the video was posted to show that the FDA and our government are trying to take away our freedom to get information. The video is just of history of the fight to cure cancer. They have already outlawed all the real healers and forced them to go to Mexico. Now they want to wipe out the history. When a person see this it should make you consider the reason the FDA is doing this. They lose money when you do not follow their recommendations. They do not want freedom of thought and they for sure are not interested in you getting your health back. It is their way or the highway. Not sure what make Mr. Kronk the expert on freedom of thought. Each of us should get all the information and decide for ourselves what makes sense. If you believe you can be healthy by following the rules of nature which means eating healthy, proper sleep, exercise, and prayer and meditation then do it. If you think going to the doctors who are a leading cause of death in our country is the way to go do it. These people tell you in their own magazine they killed 225,000 people in one year. Is it really wise to listen to them? You get the information and make the choice but chose wisely because your health is the most important thing in your life.

http://www.healingdaily.com/Doctors-Are ... the-US.htm

HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

Not sure what make Mr. Kronk the expert on freedom of thought. Each of us should get all the information and decide for ourselves what makes sense.
"A strong common sense and nose for BS is required to navigate the age of information. Clearly some people lack that... It is very sad..."

I think Kronk's comment pretty much sums it up, Wanna.
Kronk
Family Elder

Post by Kronk »

Not sure what make Mr. Kronk the expert on freedom of thought. Each of us should get all the information and decide for ourselves what makes sense.
Wanna I suspect you get from my posts what you do from every piece of literature you read, exactly what you need to justify your position. I was not making an assault on free thought I was simply stating people are being taken advantage of and I suspect you are one of them. I don't understand why you celebrate ALL alternative healers while you vilify ALL doctors. You have put yourself on a pedestal of superior intellect looking down on people who give an inch of credit to modern medicine. Your mind is closed and you are unable to see the other side of any topic which really make any discussion with you pointless. A forum is for discussion which you are unable to have. You do not have MS and you are not a trained naturopath, doctor, or anything else so what value do your posts have?

My concern is that you will steer the newly diagnosed away from a medical therapy that will help them. Is that a victory for you?