Amalgam fillings

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
want2bike
Family Elder

Amalgam fillings

Post by want2bike »

This article tells us of a relationship between amalgam fillings and autoimmune disease. It was my problem and once I did a detox program and had the bad teeth removed I got better. Anyone with MS should take this very seriously. Do not let them put mercury in your mouth. It is a toxin and can make you very sick.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... =610699693
chowder1
Family Member

Re: Amalgam fillings

Post by chowder1 »

You had TEETH extracted or just fillings replaced??

I may be a little biased because I am in the dental field, but I don't think there is SOUND evidence against amalgam fillings.

I'm not against fluoride either, btw.

Diane
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

Research mercury poisoning. A lot of the same symptoms as MS, it's very reasonable to think you may just have mercury poisoning and not MS.

There has been tests done to show mercury vapors from the amalgam fillings being released with rubbing of the amalgam fillings
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

civickiller wrote:Research mercury poisoning. A lot of the same symptoms as MS, it's very reasonable to think you may just have mercury poisoning and not MS.
While the symptoms between the two can be similar (as is the case with a number of other neurological disorders) there are tests that are done for MS that can rule out other diseases and give a patient as accurate a diagnosis as possible. One of the main problems with diagnosing MS is that by the time the person finally gets to a neurologist at a MS Clinic, the symptoms often have gone away which makes the diagnosis more difficult.
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

I had most of my teeth extracted. There is a lot of evidence out there about the relationship to mercury and autoimmune disease. It is very simple to understand. Mercury is a poison before it goes into your mouth and it is a poison when it comes out. The ADA tell us it is perfectly safe when it is in the mouth. Do you really believe that? They have put amalgams in sheep and monkeys and observe the spread of the mercury through out the body. Do you think mercury is different in us? The only question is how much mercury is it going to take to make your sick. It is different for each of us. If you are working in a dental office you get a constant exposure to the mercury vapors everyday. If you have an autoimmune disease you should consider this. Let Linda Brocato tell you of her experience in her testimony to the FDA. Guess the FDA doesn't believe her or they just don't care.

ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Want2bike, why did you have your teeth removed?
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

I had my bad teeth removed because I had signs of MS and I was very sick. A German study of MS patients shows an 80% recovery rate when using extraction vs a 15% recovery rate when replacing the amalgam. I also had about 10 root canals which I feel are just as bad as the mercury. I wanted the odds in my favor. I also believe it is important to use a mercury free dentist who understands the problem.

http://www.flcv.com/periodon.html
daverestonvirginia
Family Elder

Post by daverestonvirginia »

The only thing is people who do not have amalgam fillings also get MS.
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

Many like to confuse the issue by telling us MS is cause by one thing. MS is caused by toxins in the body which cause the immune system to attack the nervous system. Dental work is just one toxin we are exposed to. The young children who are ending up with autism have been exposed to the toxins of the vaccines which is giving them their autoimmune disease. We are surrounded by many chemicals in our life including the drugs the FDA have approved. If we want to heal MS or any autoimmune disease we have to identify all the toxins we are exposed to and stop putting them in our body. Then we need to eat the food which gives our body the means to repair itself. My problem was my teeth. That doesn't mean everyone's problem is their teeth. Each of us must figure it out and the MD will not do it for you. All the MD will do is give you a drug to cover up your symptoms. Make no mistake if you have amalgams or root canals in your mouth they are poison. They are not the only poison. Although I believe my teeth was my main problem I did do other things. Got a water filter to take the fluoride out of my water. Started eating mainly vegan and organic. Juicing and intermittent fasting. Stop drinking and eating bad things. Exercise every day. Got proper sleep and prayer and meditation. I am a much happier person. Get my vitamin D everyday. What ever I can do to keep myself healthy I do it. Getting healthy in todays world is not easy but you have to get the information and figure it out. It worked for me.
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

want2bike wrote:Many like to confuse the issue by telling us MS is cause by one thing. MS is caused by toxins in the body which cause the immune system to attack the nervous system. Dental work is just one toxin we are exposed to. The young children who are ending up with autism have been exposed to the toxins of the vaccines which is giving them their autoimmune disease. We are surrounded by many chemicals in our life including the drugs the FDA have approved. If we want to heal MS or any autoimmune disease we have to identify all the toxins we are exposed to and stop putting them in our body. Then we need to eat the food which gives our body the means to repair itself. My problem was my teeth. That doesn't mean everyone's problem is their teeth. Each of us must figure it out and the MD will not do it for you. All the MD will do is give you a drug to cover up your symptoms. Make no mistake if you have amalgams or root canals in your mouth they are poison. They are not the only poison. Although I believe my teeth was my main problem I did do other things. Got a water filter to take the fluoride out of my water. Started eating mainly vegan and organic. Juicing and intermittent fasting. Stop drinking and eating bad things. Exercise every day. Got proper sleep and prayer and meditation. I am a much happier person. Get my vitamin D everyday. What ever I can do to keep myself healthy I do it. Getting healthy in todays world is not easy but you have to get the information and figure it out. It worked for me.
Wanna, I'm glad that you have figured out the cause of MS which is amazing since researchers have been working on this for some 80 years and still don't know. Many theories but nobody has been able to prove any one of them and I mean nobody.

I'm happy that your process has helped you with your health but many others have likely tried the same thing and they still have their MS which continues to get worse. Your ideas will help others but your insistence on lashing out at doctors, the FDA, AMA and whomever leaves your credibility at the bottom of the well. Anyone who paints medicine with the same brush as you do is sadly lacking the ability to reason.
Kronk
Family Elder

Post by Kronk »

want2bike wrote:Many like to confuse the issue by telling us MS is cause by one thing. MS is caused by toxins in the body which cause the immune system to attack the nervous system. Dental work is just one toxin we are exposed to. The young children who are ending up with autism have been exposed to the toxins of the vaccines which is giving them their autoimmune disease. We are surrounded by many chemicals in our life including the drugs the FDA have approved. If we want to heal MS or any autoimmune disease we have to identify all the toxins we are exposed to and stop putting them in our body. Then we need to eat the food which gives our body the means to repair itself. My problem was my teeth. That doesn't mean everyone's problem is their teeth. Each of us must figure it out and the MD will not do it for you. All the MD will do is give you a drug to cover up your symptoms. Make no mistake if you have amalgams or root canals in your mouth they are poison. They are not the only poison. Although I believe my teeth was my main problem I did do other things. Got a water filter to take the fluoride out of my water. Started eating mainly vegan and organic. Juicing and intermittent fasting. Stop drinking and eating bad things. Exercise every day. Got proper sleep and prayer and meditation. I am a much happier person. Get my vitamin D everyday. What ever I can do to keep myself healthy I do it. Getting healthy in todays world is not easy but you have to get the information and figure it out. It worked for me.
Release the QUACKEN!!!

There are so many unfounded conspiracy theorist fear mongering statements in this post its hard to believe... to each there own.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

want2bike is right about the role of toxicity in MS. The following quote comes from I piece I posted on Tims Dec 19, 2012 titled "Diet treats Toxic MS". Some details I might change, but he is essentially right without going into the FDA etc

FINALLY THERE IS TOXIC MS.
I include in this category not only known toxins such as mercury in dental amalgams, aspartame, glutens and various food intolerances, but myriad microbes/viruses such as mononucleosis, epstein barr, chlamydia, lyme as well as various metabolic disorders such as toxic "gut" and diabetes. OK that's a big category. One might say I am being simplistic. BUT MAYBE IT IS JUST THAT SIMPLE. Whatever stresses the body in those individuals with a compromised vascular system may trigger the blood reflux into the CNS. Illness in childhood may damage the vascular system, stress including toxic stress may trigger the reflux. Toxicity itself may damage the veins. All these factors may stress the vascular system leading to a venous blood reflux. Detoxification, intestinal cleansing, and appropriate nutrition will reduce pressure on the vascular system as well as nurture the brain and heal nerve damage.
CURE: Some MS patients recover through diet cleansing and nutritional therapy alone. Some may have a "temporary" stress reaction to a toxic substance such as aspartame (or mercury in dental almagam fillings.) The reaction is "temporary" in the sense that once the toxin is removed, the MS symptoms disappear. I have even heard that removing glutens from the diet is sufficient to heal.
CONTROL: Dr. Terry Wahls (see You Tube Minding Your Mitochondria) presents another excellent example. She began her treatment by de-toxifying from the MS drugs which were poisoning her and then optimized her nutrition. Her recovery implies that her veins were not actually blocked, but tensed up enough to cause a reflux. Also, she stimulated her blood circulation by electrical stimulation of the bands of muscles on her back, in other words, the bladder meridian. Optimal Diet/Supplements serve two purposes. 1) to prevent stress on the vascular system which might lead to blood reflux and 2) heal damaged tissue.

In addition to nutritional therapy, most MS patients probably will require treatment to enhance blood circulation to prevent blood refluxes – massage, ayervedic massage, acupuncture, self acupressure, osteopathy, chiropractic, swimming.

Again, to make a long story short, Dr. Zamboni has discovered the problem – venous blood reflux or CCSVI – but not the sole solution. Detoxification and nutritional therapy coupled with circulation therapies and/or skeletal adjustments may suffice without taking the risk of angioplasty.

MS Cure Enigmas.net
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

A lot of what you said about toxins and other factors being involved with MS have been studied for many years. Yet despite all this work nobody has been able to say definitively what causes the disease and even more so prove their theories.

A treatment that works well for one person does absolutely nothing for the next. Does this mean MS has a variety of causes and thus finding the right treatment for that person the challenge? Or was it a coincidence that what was tried happened to work?

Living as healthy as one can when you have MS is critical. Proper food, rest, diet and exercise is very important and has helped some MS patients reduce their symptoms significantly. Others have tried the same approach with little or no effect. Some patients can go years without an attack while others have several attacks in a short period of time.

Some get reprieve from the approved MS drugs while others become so sick with side effects they have to stop using them.

It's this wide scope of results in dealing with MS that has researchers still baffled. And that's why there is such skepticism when some people come out and state that this is what causes MS and they have the answer to reduce and/or "cure" the disease.

No folks, there is no magic bullet remedy for MS at this time and anyone who states that there is only shows their lack of understanding of this lousy disease. While more varied research in the past decade has given us different avenues to explore and keeping one's general health at the highest level possible helps a lot, beware of anyone who tells you that they have the answer for you.
chowder1
Family Member

Post by chowder1 »

Want2bike..... I'm glad you have found something that works for you.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I am currently reading The Wahls Protocol book and Dr. Terry Wahls suggest that a dentist used to remove mercury/silver fillings should have advanced training in the removal of these types of fillings. She states that there are procedures that must be followed to safely remove these old fillings in order to avoid additional contamination during the removal process. And that not all dentists have the special training necessary to safely perform the removal.

Return to “General Discussion”