Intermittant fasting

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Tengoem

Re: Intermittant fasting

Post by Tengoem »

want2bike wrote:Don't know where your information comes from but Dr. Mosley tell you in his video he was diagnose with diabetes. Roger MacDougall tell us he was checked out by one the best neurologist and he had all the signs of MS. Sounds like you are a big believer in drugs. You keep putting poison in your body you should not expect to get better. MS is pretty simple. You stop putting poison in your body and do the things which help the body to heal you get better. If you keep doing what the MD prescribes you will not get better. Doesn't matter how many carrots you eat. Drugs are poison and they kill people. Obviously I never had MS because I am cured and we all know there is no cure for MS, right?

Obviously you didn't have MS. There is no cure. Yes. Yay! The truth!
Roger MacDougall may have been checked by a neurologist but this was in the 1950/60s, when the MS test was a hot bath.
Going gluten-free has been a quality-of-life-saver for me. I still have MS though.
I had MS before I started Rebif. I had MS when I started a raw food diet. I had MS when I started intermittent fasting. I have lesions. Do you?

I say again - Dr Mosley does NOT have diabetes - here's his story

"One of the main reasons I decided to try fasting was that tests had suggested I was heading for serious problems with my cardiovascular system. Nothing has happened yet, but the warning signs were flashing amber. The tests showed that my blood levels of LDL (low-density lipoprotein, the “bad” cholesterol) were disturbingly high, as were the levels of my fasting glucose.

To measure “fasting glucose” you have to fast overnight, then give a sample of blood. The normal, desirable range is 3.9-5.8mmol/l. Mine was 7.3mmol/l. Not yet diabetic, but dangerously high. There are many reasons why you should do all you can to avoid becoming a diabetic, not least that it dramatically increases your risk of having a heart attack or stroke."

He managed to avoid diabetes. Why not just buy the book?
Mercola is not known for his accurate reporting.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

"MS is pretty simple."

Yes, it is - The simple fact is that MS is extremely complicated.

Living symptom free and being ACTUALLY cured of the illness are two different stories. I don't believe there has been a single case of someone who has been totally cured, which is pretty hard to accept given that well over 2 million people share this illness. But there are many who do live symptom free much of the time. Others not so much. And there many be some who did not have MS to start with and may think they are cured of something they did not have.
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

It is Dr. Mosley who tell us he had diabetes and got rid of it by fasting. Did you watch the video? Is that the Dr. Mosley who wrote the book? It is Dr. Mosley claiming he had diabetes. Maybe your book is from a different Dr. Mosley. Roger MacDougall tell us he had a neurological examination-encephalograph, radioactive brain scanning and lumbar puncture. Evidence of scar tissue damage found in the brain and sample of the spinal fluid was of someone suffering from MS. He claims before his death all the symptoms had disappeared. Did you read his story. He was not diagnose by a hot bath. There were real doctors running the test and trying to put him on drugs. He didn't listen to them and got rid of all his symptoms with diet. Do you think the paper is a lie? Please read the story before you comment on the paper.
Tengoem

Post by Tengoem »

The same Dr Mosley who co-wrote the Fast Diet? Must be the same on - English guy? He may have avoided diabetes, but no where does he say that he had diabetes. I have the book. I joined the group but I'm not wasting bandwidth to watch Mercola's spoutings.

Yes. I read and re-read Roger MacDougal's article over 8 years ago and went gluten-free after and I still am. He quite likely had gluten ataxia or even bad coeliac's disease, but there was no definitive test for MS at that time, whatever you may claim.

I am well thanks to going gluten free and much lighter for the fasting diet.
Wanna - I have malignant hypertension. It almost killed me 21 years ago. I'd like to know just what you'd do if you had stroke-like symptoms and very high bloodpressure?
I was in hospital for observation and during that evening my BP went up to 260/160. I nearly died. What
'poison' would you have rejected just before you died?
Or would you have just fought and prayed to stay alive?

If you don't have MS, then maybe you should go and find somewhere to help people with their food allergies, or intolerances or their somatic disorders.
This Is MS. Do you have MS?
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

Roger MacDougall tell us he had a neurological examination-encephalograph, radioactive brain scanning and lumbar puncture. Evidence of scar tissue damage found in the brain and sample of the spinal fluid was of someone suffering from MS. He claims before his death all the symptoms had disappeared. Did you read his story. He was not diagnose by a hot bath. There were real doctors running the test and trying to put him on drugs. He didn't listen to them and got rid of all his symptoms with diet. Do you think the paper is a lie? Please read the story before you comment on the paper.
If MacDougall was tested in the late 50/s/early 60's, what drugs did the neuros at the time want to put him on?
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

I did have high blood pressure and symptoms of a stroke my last trip to the emergency room about 6 years ago. What did I do? I took the blood pressure medicine as they recommended because I didn't know any better. When I found out the truth about blood pressure I threw the pills in the trash. I can remember lying on the couch and feeling being dead might be better than being alive. Have you ever been that sick? The only clue I had was an emergency room doctor said I had signs of MS in my lower body. I had no idea what MS was. I got the information and now all the symptoms are gone. It is important people get all the information so they can make an intelligent choice. This place is for discussing treatments for MS. If you have things you feel will help people you should post them. Trashing me as a person is not the way to do it. Let Dr. Bergman explain the blood pressure and cholesterol scam.

HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

The only clue I had was an emergency room doctor said I had signs of MS in my lower body. I had no idea what MS was.
Well, an ER doc, without doing any of the tests normally done for MS, said you showed signs of MS in your lower body, probably based on what you were describing to him. He told you your symptoms were "signs" of MS so that allows you to start preaching to the world that your MS has been cured by your special regiment??!! Are you serious, Wanna??

No wonder people don't believe anything you say!
Trashing me as a person is not the way to do it.
You complain that people (quite a few now I see) are trashing you. Yet you see nothing wrong with trashing doctors, scientists, FDA employees and anyone else who doesn't happen to agree with you. More signs of fanaticism. You really are something, Wanna!
Youarethecure
Family Elder

Post by Youarethecure »

"MS is pretty simple."

Yes, it is - The simple fact is that MS is extremely complicated.

Lmfao, thank you. Needed a good laugh today...... lol :)
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

So your suggesting when I come across the information in JAMA about the doctors killing their patients I should keep that a secret? See no evil, speak no evil, and hear no evil. Is that what you are saying? Doesn't matter how many vegetables you eat if you allow them to poison you with their drugs. Maybe you can explain to me why this article telling us the doctors are killing us with their drugs should not be posted for what it is. I keep asking what is wrong with this article but no one can tell me. Is there some problem with the information JAMA is giving us? Tell me why I shouldn't post what the MD's are doing? It should be an acceptable part of doing business, right?

http://www.healingdaily.com/Doctors-Are ... the-US.htm
DrGeoff
Family Elder

Post by DrGeoff »

I see that want2bike has come back to quoting the Roger MacDougall story. And, story is probably the only accurate thing about it.
Roger MacDougall was a film scriptwriter in England who claims to have been diagnosed with MS in 1953, and the only available version of his "story" is on the website of Ashton Embrey (and is "edited by Ashton Embry"). If we take the details in the "story" as correct, it was written in 1983, 10 years before his death (May 27, 1993).

Of course, the "story" does get a bit fuzzy very early on :
"Within a few years I was unable to use my legs, eyes, and fingers ... even my voice was affected, and I was quite unable to stand erect, even for a few seconds" is followed by:
"Many years later when I was living in Hollywood I was given a thorough neurological examination - encephalograph, radioactive brain scanning, and lumbar puncture." And, then by:
" I will refer later to a medical examination I was given in September 1975 by a leading neurologist".

So, what is the big deal about this?
PET Scanning (radioactive) did not come in until the early '80s. The "leading neurologist" turns out to be the same one who examined him in 1953 - so he is back in England, one presumes - so for a guy in a real bad way he sure is doing a lot of traveling. There is no mention of his living in the California sunshine with all that natural Vitamin D, and the "story" as told does not claim to have been about a cure, but only about an extra-ordinary relapse.

There are a few more odd little quirks in the "story", but the one that intrigued me th most was:
"Finally I would like to thank the directors of Regenics Inc. of Great Britain for generously allowing me to put this edited version of the Roger MacDougall story on the World Wide Web."
So I wondered why the director of a Canadian charity would thank a British company. Then I went looking for Regenics Inc. Now Inc. is not an abbreviation that the English use. Then the only Regenics I could find was a defunct subsidiary of Weider Nutritional (maybe that explains the Canadian connection), so we have a "story" with a real long list of supplements, being supported by by a maker of (wow) supplements.

So, just how much of the Roger MacDougall story is true, and how much is story?

Geoff
Kronk
Family Elder

Post by Kronk »

want2bike wrote: Maybe you can explain to me why this article telling us the doctors are killing us with their drugs should not be posted for what it is.
Once again you read half the story and twist it to feed your insatiable appetite for doom...
Perhaps you can post a link to the actual article instead of a “natural” website that preaches transcendental meditation as a primary medicine?

http://www.google.ca/url?url=http://www ... lMhTS4TWBQ

I posted a link to the actual article and its purpose is much different from what you claim… not surprising… most of the deaths were due to ERROR because the health system is maxed out. Doctors are not trying to kill patients or keep them sick. The PURPOSE of the article was to get more doctors into the health care system and reform it. I suspect you have only read what your extremely biased sites have told you about the article. This statement sums it up.

“…Higher the primary care physician–to–population ratio in a state, the better most health outcomes are. Inclusion of income inequality variables in the analysis does not eliminate the positive effect of primary care…”

Based on this study.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10229252

Read: More Doctors Better Health
End of your ridiculous misquoting of the study I Hope…
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

So, just how much of the Roger MacDougall story is true, and how much is story?
Geoff
Geoff,

Don't you just love it when fact destroys someone's fantasy!! Wanna is so caught up in bitterness towards medicine that he will use and believe almost anything the Mercola's and Bergman's of the world will tell him. One doctor gives him incorrect info so all doctors are liars. Some people die from incorrect use of drugs so every drug is poison and the authorities are trying to kill us all on a daily basis. MS is a very simple disease! It goes on and on. At least now a number of readers have become fed up enough to challenge almost everything he blurts out. With any luck, he'll leave...I wish!
HarryZ
Family Elder

Post by HarryZ »

want2bike wrote:So your suggesting when I come across the information in JAMA about the doctors killing their patients I should keep that a secret? See no evil, speak no evil, and hear no evil. Is that what you are saying?
No, I'm suggesting you stop polluting TIMS with half truths, inaccurate information, fear mongering, huge bitterness towards all medicine, calling doctors liars, FDA employees criminals. all vaccines poisons....do I need to go on? It's quite obvious that more and more of the readers here are starting to find your posts offensive and letting you know about it. You are incapable of giving your opinion without trashing someone at the same time. And the people here have had enough. Please take the hint!
Youarethecure
Family Elder

Post by Youarethecure »

Listen, why you dont join a forum thats all about being against medicine and shit?

Why do you need to bother us (people who have REAL problems) on a ms website?

You say keep it a secret? Keep it a secret from who and why? Why are we the people you feel you need to tell about all this bullshit? Why do we need to be the ones hearing "the evil" you see? You have nothing to do with us and we have (and want) nothing to do with you.

Give it a rest, your in every single thread feeding bs to people who could be new to this and scared and need real help...... Not some fool who doesnt even have ms vomiting pure trash with an extreme arrogance like you know everything there is to know.
Tengoem

Post by Tengoem »

want2bike wrote:I did have high blood pressure and symptoms of a stroke my last trip to the emergency room about 6 years ago. What did I do? I took the blood pressure medicine as they recommended because I didn't know any better. When I found out the truth about blood pressure I threw the pills in the trash. I can remember lying on the couch and feeling being dead might be better than being alive. Have you ever been that sick? The only clue I had was an emergency room doctor said I had signs of MS in my lower body. I had no idea what MS was. I got the information and now all the symptoms are gone. It is important people get all the information so they can make an intelligent choice. This place is for discussing treatments for MS. If you have things you feel will help people you should post them. Trashing me as a person is not the way to do it. Let Dr. Bergman explain the blood pressure and cholesterol scam.

Have I ever been that ill?
Yes.
I've had relapses that paralysed my eye muscles and facial muscles. Watching the clock move was all that I could do. Did I want to die? No bloody way. I knew that this would pass.

The BP scare was so serious that I was on the point of either dying from cardiac arrest or a stroke. Did I want to die. No sodding way.
I've had hypertensive attacks again. I may have a tumour that makes my BP spike. I may have a lesion that has made my BP immensely labile and dangerous and without drugs to control it, I'd be dead in a month. So, I guess I want to live more than you do.

Trashing you Wanna?

How about your disrespect for people with MS and doctors?
Just writing that a doctor said you have MS-like symptoms does not mean you have MS. When did you have an MRI?
You didn't did you. So you don't have MS.

I read the transcript of the Mercola video. Dr Mosley said that his doctor told him he was a diabetic. Dr Mosley said that he actually had metabolic syndrome.
Dr Mosley does/did not have diabetes, but he was pre-diabetic. Just like me and that's why I follow this diet AND the gluten free diet.
I don't know why the GP told Dr Mosley that he had diabetes, but as Dr Mosley doesn't claim anywhere that he, himself had diabetes. Metabolic syndrome yes. Full blown, needing insulin diabetes, NO.